New to the group

Status
Not open for further replies.

adele

Hi I'm new to the group I've only been diagnosed for a few months i just feel like I've just been left to deal with this all I know about this is what I've googled my doctors said I should exercise but I work as a hca and I'm active as well ... I just need some other people who understand
Thank you for letting me rant ....

Hello & welcome to the forum, I only received my fibro diagnosis recently, although I'm already living with other auto immune diseases.
In time you'll find your own level to what you can manage. I don't think one glove fits all. 10 years ago I was cycling & jogging on a regular basis, I'm now down to short walks only. This is all that I can manage now without aggravating my conditions too much.
We can only do the best that we can with what we have.

Hi Adele, and welcome.
We do understand, and we are here to help each other.
What is an hca?
If you are keeping active on a daily basis there's no need to exercise on top of that unless you want to and feel it is helpful. the important thing is just not to be sedentary, which will exacerbate problems and cause others as well.

Here's a post I wrote giving advice on how to go about finding out what works for you to best manage your fibromyalgia. It's possible to have a good life even with this syndrome.

Thank you I have another autoimmune disease I'm a rehabilitation assistant and I love my job but it's getting harder and harder I push myself some days to even walk my dog even though that's one of my favourite things to do thank you for your nice reply

Good that you have a dog and enjoy spending time with your dog. I have dogs, and cannot imagine my life without them. Walking my dogs is a highlight of my day although these days it doesn't always get done because it can be over 90F before the sun comes up. Those days, we play in the house instead, but I feel bad that they didn't get to go out walking.

Yes walking Teddy is the best thing for me.where are you from ... for that kind of heat

Yes walking Teddy is the best thing for me.where are you from ... for that kind of heat
I live in the desert in the USA. It's a warm place. It goes well over 110 in the summer here. This week it's been 113, 114F. Predicted to be maybe 118 - 119 in a few days. I'm used to it and don't really mind it, but I don't like that it curtails outside activity as much as it does. Around this time of year I get a sort of cabin fever because I cannot spend enough time doing things outside. Other than that, it's not bad. The desert is a beautiful place full of fascinating plants and animals you won't find anywhere else.

Sounds beautiful does the heat not affect fibromyalgia I also have Hemochromatosis and lately the weather change for me here in England 😊

Heat alone doesn't cause any worse symptoms for me, in fact the dry heat is I think the best climate for me not only physically but mentally as well. . Sometimes humidity does cause problems for me, and if it is chilly or cold and damp I turn into something resembling the rusted tin man. Since this is a desert, we don't have much of that. If I tried to live in a place like Seattle (not that I ever would do such a thing, that climate is wretched), I probably wouldn't be able to move. I definitely would not survive in a UK climate.

does the heat not affect fibromyalgia
Hi adele! - If I may go off on a tangent....: Generally, some of us have problems with heat, some with cold, some with both. Studies (rare) found changes in barometric pressure (low) seem to be the most common weather influence on fibro (if at all).
Summer sun and heat gave me nausea and headaches at first, but being outdoors for fresh air and daylight, with parasols, has improved that somewhat - doubt more is possible though. Same goes for the cold, one of my first fibro indications - no problem now with additional layers. Wind is still a problem for me, cold or hot, but better. So I've been able to toughen up.

I guess our climate is up and down alot and it really does affect me like today its sunny outside but I've just finished two 12 hour shifts and my body doest want to do anything I'm so tired and sore ....

You can say anything I'm interested how it affects other people and really to know I'm not the only one who feels like this 😊 thank you for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back