Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2019
Country
AU
State
VI
No idea how to use this site yet. Hoping to find others that don't get much pain, but still tick the boxes. Medically diagnosed.

Welcome @BlueBells - I like the name, got loads of fairy bellflowers in my garden, but no bluebells here or near. 😄.
Good start on this site is always sunkacola's advice post you can read if you click here.
Just browsing you may find quite a bit of interest, or use the magnifying glass top right to search.

People who "don't get much pain" often doubt the diagnosis or suspicion. We've had a few recently (here and here), but those two were cos it didn't seem to be as widespread as is usually necessary for it to be fibro. Maybe you mean the pain is everywhere, but not that severe, you can still workout, go to work etc. - then you'd still tick the boxes for widespread pain and also some of the 6 other "severe symptoms" that come with this condition. Might still be the kind of people you're looking for.
And I'm someone whose got his local pains well under control, but not the overall Ache/exhaustibility from overdoing it, that's what minimizes my workouts and only allows me to work online.

Hi JayCS. Thanks for your reply. BlueBells is the name I had on a site for mental health , and it was available, which is great, I like it too, thank you.

My confusion re the pain thing is, everywhere I search, it's all about pain. I get an ache at times, I lose strength, but extremely rare it's what I'd call pain, i.e., I don't need paracetamol.

What happens is, it feels like my arms are very firmly bandaged, and weight is on my shoulders, like someone pressing down, but it is not all the time, it is however, fairly unpredictable.

I'll hunt up hose links when I feel up to it, I need to drive tomorrow, and too much typing, I'll not be able to hold the wheel. Fun stuff lol.

Curious. You show : Country GE. Mine isn't showing anything, so I guess I need to add more info. GE, is that Germany?

You show : Country GE. Mine isn't showing anything, so I guess I need to add more info. GE, is that Germany?
Yup, dead right - not Georgia, like someone thought...
Hehe, well you don't have to. But it sometimes helps to take into account "where someone is coming from" - language, thought, health system, doc types and competence... (and esp. on the "chatty" threads).

Yup, dead right - not Georgia, like someone thought...
Hehe, well you don't have to. But it sometimes helps to take into account "where someone is coming from" - language, thought, health system, doc types and competence... (and esp. on the "chatty" threads).
Hi Jay, I have tried. lol.

AU for Australia (don't know if that's Austria's code) and VI for Victoria. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I've browsed a little , head overwhelms a bit at the moment, but it's so good to find others saying things like I do. Much less 'alone' in this confusion of an affliction! Thanks for making me feel 'heard'. :) Hugs.

Hello bluebells, I like your name too! Are you Australian? (We've got another Australian too, harpy! ) hope to learn lots more about you (what you like and things). I forgot to welcome : ) so welcome to the forum! 😃🥂🧁

Hello bluebells, I like your name too! Are you Australian? (We've got another Australian too, harpy! ) hope to learn lots more about you (what you like and things). I forgot to welcome : ) so welcome to the forum! 😃🥂🧁
Hello Auriel , your name reminds me of my sister Aurelia :). Yep, Aussie born and bred lol

I was browsing a thread with Harpy and , John Salmon, I think both Aussies?? WA and guess NSW.
I had a look, I was hoping there'd be a place that shows members countries, and it was good to see a couple on here

AU for Australia (don't know if that's Austria's code) and VI for Victoria. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Austria seems to be AT / AUT, so perfect.
And correcting probably doesn't help, at least I wasn't able to change to DE as johnsalmon suggested.
Harpy and , John Salmon, I think both Aussies?? WA and guess NSW.
Yup, both! Several threads where we keep digging deep down under about Vegemite vs. Marmite or totally different plants, animals & magpies.... Wait a minute, are we others down under or up under or...? :D

I forgot to say thankyou, for liking my name, and for welcoming me. :) (Yay !!! found the smilies :giggle: )

Hi Jay, thanks for that.

I'm still feeling my way with the posting style, I think I am doing it sort of right.

The magpies were chortling this afternoon and I called my sis in Seattle so she could hear them, but they just sat and looked at me. Figures lol.

I'm off to bed, got to be up early (for me) so I'd better try for sleep.

So, it's good afternoon from me (I looked up time lol.) it's midnight here in Victoria.

I'm still feeling my way with the posting style, I think I am doing it sort of right.
Definitely, all the way.
The magpies were chortling this afternoon and I called my sis in Seattle so she could hear them, but they just sat and looked at me. Figures lol.
Yeah, they knew, of course, and were chortling inside about you trying to get a show going. :ROFLMAO: Saving it up for the next didgeridoo singing.
I'm off to bed, got to be up early (for me) so I'd better try for sleep.
So, it's good afternoon from me (I looked up time lol.) it's midnight here in Victoria.
Whoa, yeah, hope it's a good night's sleep
I'm glad to now I usually manage bed early for up early and minimal screen time in the 3h before bed for best sleep, and keep most breaks short. Weird, cos I was always an owl, not an early bird unless forced.

Last edited:
Yes, I think John Salmon also aussie 🦘🪃 🇦🇺

Welcome BlueBells, from another Victorian here. (Australia).
This is a very welcoming forum with nice people and lots of valuable information.

Welcome BlueBells, from another Victorian here. (Australia).
This is a very welcoming forum with nice people and lots of valuable information.
Thank you Eff, yes, so far I have found that.

Already I am feeling much 'happier' I think is the word, or maybe content somewhat. Just to find that there are 'real people' out there describing what I am tackling, it makes it validated. That helps so very much.

I'd better head to bed, I'm a night owl that has had three, early mornings in a row, another one tomorrow, and maybe again for the following two. Next week will be pretty flat hahahahaha.

Good night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back