Hello everyone - I wish you well

Hi everyone, I hope you're having a good day today 💜
I'm 23, female, and I started having Fibro symptoms in January 2023, but only got diagnosed by a neurologist in August of 2023. I've been on Cymbalta since September, and I'm generally doing much better than I was pre-diagnosis. My mood has improved, my sleep has improved, and my symptoms are manageable with gentle exercise, swimming and yoga.
I started prioritizing self-love and self-care instead of my pre-Fibro life of sacrificing my energy and wellbeing to cater to others' needs. In many ways, Fibromyalgia has changed my life for the better. Not because of the disorder itself, but because of who I've become.
This is the first time I use a forum for Fibromyalgia, to connect to others and get some emotional support during down days.

Greetings, @a gentle voice , and welcome to the forum. I hope you find this a useful and supportive place.
You have already passed the first hurdle, in my opinion, by realizing that prioritizing self-care is important, and understanding that you can have a life even if you have fibromyalgia.

I hope that cymbalta continues to be a good medication for you. Reports vary widely among users, from terrible to good, and it's always very interesting to get different reports on how it works for people. I'm really glad it has made a difference for you.

If you'd like some suggestions on things you might be able to do for yourself, take a look at my advice post. You might find something there that is useful to you.

Ask any questions you may have, and feel free just to come here and vent or ask for support any time you want to. We are all here to help one another. Glad you found the forum and hope you stick around.

Hi @a gentle voice :)

Welcome to the forums. I've been off for a while, and I was just browsing the thread "Dating".

Wander over there and you will get a good appreciation of the support these forums offer.

Welcome again :)

Back