Not open for further replies.

Cutiegirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
CA
It looks like I can tolerate 1 year old (aged) cheddar cheese. Does anybody else have a cheese that they like and can eat without causing a fibro flare? Thank you!

Does anybody else have a cheese that they like and can eat without causing a fibro flare? Thank you!
Interesting!
I don't think I have any fibro issues at all with cheese, only the animal use, but for people like me with MCAS, or with HIT = histamine intolerance, the age of cheeses often cause more problems.

However cheese is helpful for my phosphorus deficiency, esp. low fat mozzarella, and that's also low in histamine, so it's the one I focus on. (Phosphorus deficiency nowadays is of course only something that someone with a very healthy phosphate-free diet like me would get.... :rolleyes: )

cheese is not a problem for me at all.. of any variety.
if dairy products are a problem for you, i think you may be lactose intolerant, and a quick search turns up that hard, aged cheeses are virtually free of lactose, which kind of makes sense with what you describe...
With lactose intolerance, you can still eat cheese, but choose carefully. Hard, aged cheeses like Swiss, parmesan, and cheddars are lower in lactose. Other low-lactose cheese options include cottage cheese or feta cheese made from goat or sheep's milk.
i might add that growing up, I drank fresh off the farm milk - unhomogenized, unpasteurized - we also made our own butter... let the cream rise to the top, skim it off and turn it into butter. Store bought milk tastes terrible to me.
I think that with all the modern processing we do, we lose important things in our foods.

Last edited:
i found since the end of last year that milk cheese cream butter where making me feel nausea's, bloated, and with the swing from stomach upset to constipation ,i decided to go lactose free dairy which fingers crossed seems to be settling the problem .

Is a one year old cheese safe cutegirl? 🌻🪻🌻

Is a one year old cheese safe cutegirl? 🌻🪻🌻
Hehe, that sounds as if it were bought and then normally stored at home for a year,
"aged" / cured / ripened however means in controlled environment: warm and humid (up to 4 years!).

I think so. I actually found sliced lactose free marble cheese tonight at the store. Planning a ham sandwich meal tomorrow. I just had a flare so am reluctant to experiment with cheese. But it sounds like trying hard cheeses are next on my list. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back