Diagnosed This November

I think it's important to note that in the above post, @JayCS is only speaking of what is a problem for him, not for everyone with fibromyalgia.
Definitely! Despite fibromyalgia I didn't have all those histamine problems before the jabs triggered the MCAS.
And I had all other problems life-long, before fibromyalgia. Again MCAS would be an explanation of those.

But at the same time: stomach and gut problems ("IBS"), like @BrendaNY has, are a core symptom of fibromyalgia, and I as far as I have seen so far these are no different to the IBS problems I've described, even those mine seem to be MCAS- rather than fibro-triggered. So these are for me not a fibro issue, but still very relevant for anyone with IBS, whether it began with fibro or before.

Avocado I had another look at: turns out that the FODMAP contents vary, 30g may be OK for most, Hass are best. And high in histamine.
Gluten-free pasta there is, and bread too, but in the pic it said wheat for both. Funnily, I've always tolerated wholemeal European wheat, so maybe I still don't have a gluten problem, just it's not available anymore here, it's been replaced by spelt.

Beans are actually not a digestion problem for me at all, there I was referring to what others tell me.

I definitely agree with testing out everything for ourselves, I do it again and again, incl. rotating difficult foods, spreading smaller amounts, mixing foods differently etc.

But it took me decades to get my stuff sorted, all alone, it isn't easy to find help even nowadays, so it's just as important for people with unclear gut problems to be given an idea of which foods might be causing what symptoms, so they can eliminate more effectively, and that doesn't vary that much.

Also that list might come across as being foods which are no problem for anyone, which is far from the case. Just like @Auriel put in her own caveats about dairy and gluten in the post with the list of "healthy" foods. And these 2 are some of the main food groups that fibro people tend to react to, if they react.

Also that list might come across as being foods which are no problem for anyone,
Well, ha, there are no foods that are not a problem for anyone!
People have allergies or intolerances, or their conditions are exacerbated by anything and everything under the sun.
If only there were such foods, right?

Well, ha, there are no foods that are not a problem for anyone!
Yeah, so true - I know that, you know that, we know that... but a surprising amount of people do not, and are amazed this is the case. My wife (who can and does eat everything she likes) at first for a short time couldn't believe it can be that bad, and the amount of times she has to tell others that my intolerances seemed "unbelievable" to her at first, it feels like "no one" knows this.

These are definitely eye-opening examples for fairly unprocessed whole foods. But "healthy" for someone with IBS may be misleading.
My intention was not to state a commonplace truth, but to make suggestions what exactly someone with IBS can watch out for.

Also having a gallbladder removal DEFINATLY made my issues with dairy worse 🙄 (oh this food malarkey, why can't we just eat anything and be ok) 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi Brenda! Welcome to the forum 🥂🧁🌸, I found these for you, gluten/wheat, sometimes dairy product's annoys my fibro (as does caffeine/coca cola/coffee alcohol and sweets, maybe have a food/drink test to see if anything makes it worse (or improvements when taken out) here's a list I found for you (also please don't push if feeling in pain or fatigue is too much)
✨🍀✨View attachment 4767
Thanks for this Auriel! I hadn't considered eggs for weight gain or adding in a little olive oil, thanks for the tips!

I probably should have mentioned that in my previous life (gastric bypass, March 2019), I was obese. So to wrap my head around having trouble gaining weight has been testing all I've ever known. I fought obesity my whole life. I even returned to see the dietician who worked with my gastric bypass team. She really know how to guide me since they are trained to deal with loosing weight. Eating to loose weight is all that was pounded into my head from age 7.

I've had imaging done of my stomach, upper GI as well as a colonoscopy

I appreciate all the help with this. I got on the scale yesterday and was at 106.4 so I'm making a little progress.
Well I'd guess like in my case there is a better "explanation" than putting it down to fibro: Your gut isn't tolerating specific foods. The cause medicine can't usually identify, no test, no doc can help, at most a nutritionist. The prevention solution is one of the many kinds of elimination diets, have you tried any? And as an alleviation solution some of the best supps for diarrhea in my experience are S. boulardii and psyllium (with little water; for constipation with lots of water).

Good! :) Try different speakers. I need a woman with a soft, slow voice, for me Ally Boothroyd is best.

With tapping you mean EFT, emotional freedom technique I think? I found it OK-ish, not too powerful, but comforting in some situations.

Yeah, so true - I know that, you know that, we know that... but a surprising amount of people do not, and are amazed this is the case. My wife (who can and does eat everything she likes) at first for a short time couldn't believe it can be that bad, and the amount of times she has to tell others that my intolerances seemed "unbelievable" to her at first, it feels like "no one" knows this.

These are definitely eye-opening examples for fairly unprocessed whole foods. But "healthy" for someone with IBS may be misleading.
My intention was not to state a commonplace truth, but to make suggestions what exactly someone with IBS can watch out for.
My thanks to both of you, JayCS and sunkacola. I have been living with IBS for so long
Also having a gallbladder removal DEFINATLY made my issues with dairy worse 🙄 (oh this food malarkey, why can't we just eat anything and be ok) 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah, my GI surgeon removed my gallbladder back in Summer 2018. I hope it helps you! I had high hopes but didn't help me at all, boo!!!

here's a list I found for you
Having these pics in my head for weight gain foods is inspiring. You eat with your eyes first.
eggs for weight gain or adding in a little olive oil
Yep, 1/d egg, "tons" of olive oil to fry 3-4 at a time (bit better for my appetite than cooked). My wife says it's too oily for her.
How weird, your paradigm shift from having to lose to having to gain weight... :rolleyes: . (Me: Plus from amitriptyline, now minus.)

So difficult though to increase my weight, but decrease my lipids, losing all my energy from lipid lowerers.
I've taken 1/3 10mg ezetimibe today rather than re-trying the statin, but 3 difficult excipients in it, myalgia and myopathy risk.

Back