Fibromyalgia Conferences/Summits/Webinars etc.

JayCS

Guru status reached
Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
DE
Up to now I've kept low profile with all the webinars and summits I've been watching and taking notes the past few years, and didn't get any questions about my mentions of them either.

Now I've thought praps after all it makes sense to share what's going on, even if no one will take part. For several reasons, like for guests reading here, members that don't want to write, or for encouragement that lots of people are doing things for us.
But I'll keep it to one thread, to keep things together and not take up so much "room". We could add information, maybe notes, too.

This time it's a conference that's running online from Nov. 30th - Dec. 9th, free to attend = watch, it'll be on youtube too, and will be hosting "healthcare professionals, researchers, and global community leaders" - called FibromyalgiaConference.

People on there some might know from their books are Dr. Ginevra Liptan, "Dr. Ginevra" (who has fibro herself) and Dr. Michael Lenz.

Last edited:
Dr. Michael Lenz
Lenz' talk is only about a case report of treating someone with ADHD/autism and fibro, as he concludes it might sometimes underlie fibro ..., not very conclusive and not exactly a central topic...
But afterwards an interesting point by him was that it's important and helpful to get the sense of feeling overwhelmed down, however much we can get the pain under control or not.

2nd talk is Myofascial Release with Jill Economakos. This is very centred on people with fibro (incl. neuropathy) and is full of practical demonstrations, something we don't easily get anywhere else. Nothing really new to me, but that's after many expert manual therapists and self-trials with youtube.

The 3rd is about "navigating", someone who shares how she uses resources like images to feel good.

The 4th about bad vs. good chiropractic, they concentrate on the "upper cervical technique" as one example of "100" chiropractic techniques that may be relevant. (But in the presentation also explains the 5-4-3-2-1-grounding anchor technique, differently to the ways I've known, using all 5 senses.)

Marco Mizrahi talks a lot about various health systems all over the world, but then goes on to practical tips, starting [here](https://youtu.be/2uubCVzDo40?t=2260): Chairs everywhere, e.g. 2 in the kitchen, 1 chair in the shower, a kind of sponge ready-made with soap in it(?!), but 2 small kitchen towels in the shower soaked in soap too, cos more environmentally friendly (the deepen on that), prefers taking all pills at the same time, so he remembers.

Olga Pinkston gives an overview about fibromyalgia, haven't gone thru it properly yet.

Chloe Jones on recent immune pilot study findings for fibromyalgia (U of Alabama, led by **Jarred Younger**, that's the same one that tried to establish LDN with pilot studies, so still very active for us): This is once again encouraging to see a researcher really going deep trying to find what changes in the blood when the immune system is realistically provoked, in this case fractalkine and leptin, whilst cytokines and chemokines etc. were a bit more complicated.

Last edited:
I haven't finished watching the Fibromyalgia Community Conference, cos lots of good stuff, and they're now up to 22 videos on youtube.

But today and tomorrow the NIH ME/CFS working group is staging a conference on ME/CFS and how Long Covid may be helping find out more. 2x8h! Good quality again, and above all it's so encouraging to see such an organisation is working for us.

I shall have to try and watch some of the videos, it's good to hear that there is at least some research. Hearing peoples stories about long Covid does remind me of Fibro, here's hoping that we may also benefit.

Hearing peoples stories about long Covid does remind me of Fibro, here's hoping that we may also benefit.
Yep... Cort Johnson on healthrising is optimistic that we will and regularly finds reasons to be so.

And Altho post vac syndrome and long Covid, FM and ME/CFS are only similar, the grouping is bringing all of them more into public interest, focus, concern.

And research on one of them may well bring chance or semi-deliberate findings for one or more of the others, whether treatments or explanations/ descriptions/ causes. Cos science often finds good things accidentally.

Back