Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayleyO

Country
UK
Hi, I am 59 and think I may have Fibromyalgia, although I am not certain and I am struggling to get answers. I was diagnosed with Psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis 4 years ago, but felt the diagnosis did not feel right. I saw a new Rheumatologist 6 months ago who told me that I don't have either. My cousin has Fibromyalgia and she questioned whether this could be what I actually have and reading up about it and taking the online test it definitely seems a possibility. I hope by joining this forum to learn more about Fibromyalgia and find a way forward to receive a diagnosis of my reoccurring random pains, stiffness, unexplained burning, stinging skin etc.

Hi Hayley, and welcome - good you're reaching out!
find a way forward to receive a diagnosis of my reoccurring random pains, stiffness, unexplained burning, stinging skin etc.
"unexplained" sounds as if nerve and skin tests have been done to exclude other explanations?
And that last rheumatologist also excluded everything they can think of?
I reckon you'll find pointers for what you need here, how to get a diagnosis best,
but also how to treat these symptoms in the meantime and whether you get one or not.
Like with sunkacola's advice post for the basics, for that click here if you haven't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back