Lightheadedness with fybermanalga that just lasts for months to the point it makes me feel sick

tricky43

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2021
Hey just wondering if anyone else has lightheadedness with there fybermanalga that seems to last every day all day and for months. It's driving me insane

I think you mean fibromyalgia?

If you are experiencing lightheadedness every day I strongly recommend that you see a doctor about it as soon as possible. This could be a sign of something serious, and it is certainly a danger to be going through your days like that.

Does anyone else experience lightheadedness with fibromyalgia that comes and goes?

Does anyone else experience lightheadedness with fibromyalgia that comes and goes?
I've occasionally heard this for other conditions (e.g. MCAS), not fibro, so definitely get it checked!
In the thread title you're also referring to nausea - since the jabs I have nausea a lot of the time when I only slightly overdo things like moving, also occasional vertigo attacks. I didn't have that as much just with fibro.

This is not something generally associated with fibromyalgia, but it is associated with numerous other conditions.
See your doctor.

Copied over from the other thread:
chronic subjective dizziness: Has any one heard of this or have what they think might be this?
Yes and yes. As said: you should get it checked, it can be dangerous.

Please go to your doctor. I had dizziness for two years as well as my fibro they found out I have PSP progressive supranuclear palsey. I can hardly walk now. Saw three neurologists to make sure.

Hey just wondering if anyone else has lightheadedness with there fybermanalga that seems to last every day all day and for months. It's driving me insane
I suffer from this but it is not from the fibro some is from Hashimoto’s disease and some is from aging - I would suggest your talk to your doctor

Hi tricky, welcome to the forum
🫖☕🧁🩷 (yes I have experienced light-headedness but i think were/are other factors involved) but yes get it checked out, please let us know how you get/getting on (hope you find out and that it'll all be ok)
✨🍀✨

Last edited:
@mellorheights is it ok to ask what test they did for you to find the PSP? 🙏🏻

I often feel ligh theadedness accompanied by a sensation of thorough dryness inside my head, as if my brain has dried up. It's the weirdest feeling, must be related to the sinuses; I have an exceptionally dry nasal passage that is irritated even by air. Is it different from dizziness that might me associated with inner ear? Sometimes I get periods of situational vertigo type dizziness as well, but it is different from the light-headed feeling, which can make it seem as if you are going to faint.

dryness inside my head, as if my brain has dried up
exceptionally dry nasal passage
vertigo type dizziness as well, but it is different from the light-headed feeling, which can make it seem as if you are going to faint.
Wow, love all the detail in this! Details help me find words and causes, distinguish better.

Dryness: Cort Johnson on healthrising had an article some time ago about ME/CFS making us thirsty. Some time I wanna comment there that dryness and thirst seem to be independent to me, as well as thirst independent from having to drink - I have a dry mouth, but know drinking won't help, just increase bladder problems, so I limit it according to "thirst symptoms", like the tissue in my lower jaw or in my upper chest (or in legs, but that's now seldom) cramping.

Dry nasal passage: Mine was usually dry (so bled easily), but still nose stuffy, one of many insomnia triggers. First I thought I needed to get my bedroom moister, altho it was already (too) moist, then read a study that this is a misconception and getting it dryer and cleaner via airing regularly every time I get up helped.

Dizziness: Mine can be slight, or a vertigo attack (either falling backwards or carousels), occasionally light-headed, but I don't mind that, cos I've never fainted in my life, and it's a kind of nice weird feeling. Dizziness never actually worries me, I just laugh and pretend I'm drunk, walk like a sailor. It's the nausea that's a bit disagreeable, however I have that a lot nowadays, so I don't let it bother me either. Same as most symptoms - if I can't do anything about it at the moment, it doesn't bother me, I just do all I know I have to do.

I'm slightly fascinated too by the dried brain description (do you mean literally dried up or like memory dried up or in another way?) Either way 🩷 the description of everything

Wow, love all the detail in this! Details help me find words and causes, distinguish better.

Dryness: Cort Johnson on healthrising had an article some time ago about ME/CFS making us thirsty. Some time I wanna comment there that dryness and thirst seem to be independent to me, as well as thirst independent from having to drink - I have a dry mouth, but know drinking won't help, just increase bladder problems, so I limit it according to "thirst symptoms", like the tissue in my lower jaw or in my upper chest (or in legs, but that's now seldom) cramping.

Dry nasal passage: Mine was usually dry (so bled easily), but still nose stuffy, one of many insomnia triggers. First I thought I needed to get my bedroom moister, altho it was already (too) moist, then read a study that this is a misconception and getting it dryer and cleaner via airing regularly every time I get up helped.

Dizziness: Mine can be slight, or a vertigo attack (either falling backwards or carousels), occasionally light-headed, but I don't mind that, cos I've never fainted in my life, and it's a kind of nice weird feeling. Dizziness never actually worries me, I just laugh and pretend I'm drunk, walk like a sailor. It's the nausea that's a bit disagreeable, however I have that a lot nowadays, so I don't let it bother me either. Same as most symptoms - if I can't do anything about it at the moment, it doesn't bother me, I just do all I know I have to do.
@JayCS Thank you, Jay! I'm glad you found my description helpful. Your point about the distinction between dryness and thirst is well taken; I agree. My skin and nose is so dried out but I don't usually feel thirst, although some routine lab tests suggest the possibility of dehydration. Occasionally, I will feel thirsty for a short period of time, usually connected to foods that I've eaten or if the weather is exceptionally hot and I was out on the trail for a long time; however, otherwise, I don't have a desire for water.

My brother had dry nasal passages causing nosebleeds when he was living in a high rise and in Alberta (mountainous area). Interesting the connection between insomnia and stuffiness; I find morning stuffiness quite common whether I sleep or not. I attributed to the artificial heating, lack of air circulation and partly the fabric of sheets and pillow cases.

Like you, the periods of light-headedness I've felt over the years has not resulted in fainting. I attribute that to my blood work always coming back negative in terms of iron deficiency or Vitamin B12 deficiency, although I was anemic as a child (my mom had a tendancy towards rather severe anemia throughout her life. Apparently, I was given a "tonic" and grew out of it. Also, in my earlier adult years, conversely, I was told that my iron count was high - 14. So I've wondered more than once if my body has a problem processing/utilizing iron and oxygen even though I have adequate levels of it. I've always been pale, although that has been attributed to complexion. I never could do calisthenics, rigorous activity, hills or stairs without quickly becoming short of breath, although regular walking and yoga pose no problem to me.

The types, duration and causes of dizziness have run the gamut from situational vertigo, probable low blood sugar episode, lack of sleep, ear infection, 'flu /viruses causing fluid buildup or inner ear disturbance, as well as sensory overload (particularly noise and certain motor/electric noises like buses or microphones). I distinguish between light-headedness (which I'm inclined to associate with impaired blood flow to the brain, lack of oxygen, fatigue) and dizziness (which I associate with inner ear, musculoskeletal and balance problems).

Back