Not open for further replies.

mslane53

Diagnosis
02/2002
Country
US
State
md
Hi another newbie in major pain. Thanks for allowing me in.

mslane53,
Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry that no one answered your post and said hi! Everyday lots of people join and we sometimes miss a few in trying to welcome folks in. I hope you will come back and start posting more questions and replying to other peoples posts.

If you check out the section on pain and read some of the older posts I am sure you will gain some new coping skills. I also tell people that due to widespread pain we do not sleep well, so it is important to get a cotton fiber or feather bed pad which you lay on top of your regular mattress. This pad will help your body and muscles relax and feel like your sleeping on a cloud. If you get better sleep you will feel better over time. Warm (not hot) baths in a tub with esbson salts added to the water helps relax painful muscles. A full length vibrating electric pad with heat controls can help relax your muscles and make you feel better from neck to feet.

Wear socks to bed and keep lower legs covered to ward off muscle cramps. And during the day wear comfortable supportive shoes, not flip-flops that give no support to your feet or lower back.

If you read you will find others talking about medications and their coping skills. I hope to see you soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back