Pain and depression

Bryony1990

Hi I have had fibromyalgia and CFS ME since I was 16 and I am now 33 I have tried everything the doctor will offer but I feel like I have reached a point where it's all doing very little.
I have heard some say supplements and alternative medicine can be a massive help.
I would be greatful for any support as my depression, pain and fatigue are overwhelming.

Hello @Bryony1990

Welcome to the forums 🤗 🤗

The great thing here is, everyone understands that we all struggle. This is "sharing and caring" at its best :):)

I was only diagnosed a few years ago, but realise that I've had fibro since 12, maybe as young as six. (Maybe I was born with it .) Since being on here, simply having others that understand and have some of the same issues has helped me a lot, and I'm sure you will find that as well.

Others will be along sooner or later , we are all over the world. Please do come back, and do keep in touch. The more you share, the more we all learn, and the more support you will find.

Hi @Bryony1990 , and welcome.
You will find all different kinds of support here. People can tell you what kinds of things helped them and what didn't. Always you will, naturally, need to find out for yourself what helps you since one very unfortunate thing about fibromyalgia is that there's really nothing that helps everyone apart from getting enough rest, eating a healthy diet, and most especially reducing stress in your life as much as you possibly can.

Some people find certain supplements helpful, and can tell you their experience with that, and the same is true of alternative forms of medicine.

I hope that you find this forum useful to you.

Hi Bryony!
I have tried everything the doctor will offer but I feel like I have reached a point where it's all doing very little.
Yeah, getcha, I worked that off with >40 docs in 6 months and most harmed a lot, hardy anything helped hardly at all.
I have heard some say supplements and alternative medicine can be a massive help.
I think it's only a few lucky ones that will say any one thing or even a lot of things help massively (mainstream or alternative), but doing a lot (in my case 100s of things) at the same time can do a lot for our quality of our new life by bringing down most symptoms.
I would be greatful for any support as my depression, pain and fatigue are overwhelming.
Lots to read here - if you need pointers where to start, you could prioritize and search for or ask specific questions.

Back