Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1952
Country
US
State
PA
I have bone on bone with my hip! i need surgery but I am afraid bc I am wondering about a fibro and lupus flare with surgery! Has anyone had surgery and how did it go?

Hello! I’m sorry that you have this issue with your hip and need surgery. I haven’t had this surgery but I know others that say they feel much better afterwards. I have had other surgeries since my diagnosis of Fibro, and several other autoimmune diseases, and recovery can take longer to heal. I personally find that when I have any other illness or issue my body tends to focus on that and Fibro symptoms stay the same or even lessen. My most important advice is to make sure to you stress to your surgeon and other providers involved in the surgery process, that you have Fibro and lupus and are possibly/probably immune compromised and be sure they understand what that means. Also ask them to talk with you about how they plan to deal with any complications post surgery so that you can be comfortable. If they won’t do this it might be necessary to find another provider.
I think you got this and I hope you have an easy recovery and feel great after healing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back