Trigger Finger

Best for me to just trust my instinct that it's not the right time and lie back down for some more sleep.
I neglected to say that sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. I would say that more than half the time I cannot get back to sleep because of pain, despite my best efforts to try to find a comfortable position and lie there, which I always do first. If the pain persists and I just cannot get comfortable enough to fall back to sleep, I wake up I get up out of bed. For me, movement is one of my best pain relievers for back pain, and it is back pain that prevents me from falling back asleep. So I try keep it simple. There is no sense in lying in bed, getting more and more frustrated and agitated. May as well get up, regardless the time, and do what you know you need to do. The lesser of two evils. Since I can't work, I can be grateful that I have the luxury of being able to sleep almost anytime I want to, anytime I need to. I try to remember that when I am forced to get out of bed after just 5 hours of sleep. It may mean having to say no to some things that day that I had planned because I know that I'm going to need a long nap, or that I might be returning to bed in a couple hours, but that's okay. I am allowed to live my life the way I see fit, and live it in a way that is healthiest for me.

Um, why's your mate eating old bread? (I've heard of people eating old cheese but never old bread 🤷🏼‍♀️🙃)
Hahaa, that's something no Brit can understand - understandably! English white bread I call "cardboard" or "polystyrene". :ROFLMAO:
While we have real bread, as it used to and was meant to be, wholemeal (I even eat only 100% wholemeal). That can be eaten for up to 10 days, esp. rye bread, and is actually best not eaten on the first day at all. My bread and even bread rolls I usually eat 2-5 days after buying. Tried organic non- to semi-wholemeal the other day (I'd bought for my wife when they had no wholemeal left), and hated the taste, my stomach hated the polystyrene and it got harder and tasteless much quicker....

But no, our bread doesn't ripen like cheese does... And we don't eat cheese that's gone mouldy as opposed to mould cheese...

But there we're back to histamine again: older cheese, mould cheese, fermented food, any aged foods - all these have increased histamine. A month or so back I thought I'd try some Camembert, as it's soft it seemed not so old (which is true, "only" 3 weeks) - my severe nauseous headache the next morning made me look for what I'd eaten.....

Last edited:
If the pain persists and I just cannot get comfortable enough to fall back to sleep, I wake up I get up out of bed. For me, movement is one of my best pain relievers for back pain, and it is back pain that prevents me from falling back asleep.
That's exactly what the sleep experts say, too, and what I do:
NSDR if I feel I just can't get up, it'd be ruinous, but up if wide awake.

I used to have loads of various local pains at night, but back was always the toughest, long before fibro.
if I do my 8 minutes of back exercises every day, I'm usually fine.
Unless I've been too bent over, then I have to do more.
If I miss one day, or only partly do them, I can just about get away with twist-stretching and arching my back backwards that night and doubling the exercises next day.
But if I miss them for >1.5 days (36h) in a row it gets torturous and that takes a few days to reverse.
A stitch in time saves nine... as with all my local pains.

trigger finger made me think of a gun (that's why index popped into my mind)
That made me look for it on youtube: Bob & Brad have a video on using a massage gun on trigger finger! :ROFLMAO:
Fingers are something that a massage pistol/gun/gadget seems inappropriate for, but I've had success on fingers and elbows too, just have to be very gentle, careful, short stints.

Last edited:
Hahaa, that's something no Brit can understand - understandably! English white bread I call "cardboard" or "polystyrene". :ROFLMAO:
Jaycs you are being British breadist, some of it is not nice (especially the gluten free) british bread maker's need to find the German bread secret (maybe I'll find it on my German cooking channel 😄)

British breadist ..... maybe I'll find it on my German cooking channel
Not quite sure what that means, but it sure makes me rightly sound like a mean ol' cowboy 🤠 🔫 :ROFLMAO:

I don't think gluten free bread is particularly nice anywhere, but I did have one sort I quite liked for a time, I think again wholemeal, until my loss of appetite made it more important to switch to bread rolls....

Yep, you should find it there, I'd think. But the secret just lies in the degree of grinding of the flour, I'd think... "Proper" wholemeal bread is brown without having colouring added, not white...

YES!!!, jaycs is giving me bread making tips 🥳, have a nice jacket potatoe, jaycs with some nice soup (nice and filling for you) 🥔 🍲

nice jacket potatoe, jaycs with some nice soup (nice and filling for you)
(I'm trying to right this giggling whilst my supposedly poorly guinea pig is hiding running to and fro inside my hoodie and keeps tickling my back with his lovely fur - he's having a really crazy day today... gaining weight again, all the hard work 4h/d is paying off. The other one (bad teeth too, but too big and greedy anyway) is making a mess of himself pinching the mush that's for the other one... wait a minute, just got to give him a big spoonful of his own mush... 😂)

Jacket potato, yeah, love 'em, and tolerate 'em as long as there's not too much solanin in them, so good quality.
But any soup is the worst food ever, always has been - always containing onions or so that burn my stomach, and the filling up stops me from eating properly, and half an hour later I'm empty again (same as after polysterene rice or bread)....
Almonds, pumpkin seeds, other nuts, and strangely yogurt, that's what fills me up...

While we have real bread, as it used to and was meant to be, wholemeal (I even eat only 100% wholemeal). That can be eaten for up to 10 days, esp. rye bread, and is actually best not eaten on the first day at all. My bread and even bread rolls I usually eat 2-5 days after buying. Tried organic non- to semi-wholemeal the other day (I'd bought for my wife when they had no wholemeal left), and hated the taste, my stomach hated the polystyrene and it got harder and tasteless much quicker....
Interesting! I make my own bread, too, so different and tastier than the "chemical bread" (my term) I used to buy in the store.

My thread has been hijacked by bread! ROFL. JK. 🥴🤣🙌
YES, sooo sorry about that 🤦🏼‍♀️ (as I was replying to jaycs's messages, part of my brain was thinking, hang on, pretty sure we're on jamiemarc's thread?!) I get too involved in reply topic's sometimes 😄

My thread has been hijacked by bread! ROFL. JK. 🥴🤣
pretty sure we're on jamiemarc's thread!)
Bread fingers as a futile effort to get back on track whilst not able to stop laughing.....: (And now Auriel double-posting 😂 )
(Edit: Her first of the double post successfully deleted...)

Attachments

• Spooky Breadstick Fingers.jpg
    Spooky Breadstick Fingers.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Witch's fingers bread sticks.jpg
    Witch's fingers bread sticks.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I know i just realised (plus I'm apologising for keeping talking about a subject (which is actually still keeping said subject alive) JAYCS you're being naughty (and you know it!) 🤣🤣

Back