Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2020
Country
US
State
ID
Has anyone ever heard of fibromyalgia tumors for males in their back that have won there social security.

Hi duck lord,

Tumors are not normally associated with fibromyalgia, so they are likely to be caused by something else entirely even if you have fibromyalgia. If you have tumors in your back, and you have not already sought thorough investigation of them with the appropriate doctors, I urge you to do so. This is the first thing needed, before you start to consider if you can get government assistance.

In general, government assistance such as SSDI is only given if your health problems or disability is severe enough that you permanently cannot work, and you need to be able to prove it. This can be a long process and is not always successful, and no one can predict what will be decided in any given case.

I am a male and do have a spinal tumour (probably harmless, gets checked regularly). A chance finding whilst excluding ankylosing spondylitis via MRI, ending in the fibromyalgia diagnosis.
So that's the nearest anyone'll get to a "fibromyalgia tumour" - it can't be that, as there's no such thing, as said, but was found during the diagnostic process, but will have been there before fibro.
For getting the severe disability status the tumour wasn't even considered slightly, because it isn't disabling. Fibromyalgia was only considered "10%", because it per se is not disabling, altho mine is very much so. So I got it cos of my seizures, which are hardly disabling...
Another form of disability, similar to PIP in the UK, is based on how I can work, which is close to nil, so I score "as high as I need". But this also has nothing to do with the tumour, and not really with the labels of my diagnoses, but with the decline of my energy due to fibro plus now MCAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back