DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
So I'm now my mum and dad's carer,un paid of course
mum has breast cancer ,and dad has emphysema. So im abit busy, which is a laugh when you think some days I can barely more.
So I don't get on here so offen.which I miss as even though you never see a face it feels like a family.
But I have found that moving more is helping my pain .Anyway I've not forgotten you all lol
Happy new year

So I'm now my mum and dad's carer,un paid of course
mum has breast cancer ,and dad has emphysema. So im abit busy, which is a laugh when you think some days I can barely more.
So I don't get on here so offen.which I miss as even though you never see a face it feels like a family.
But I have found that moving more is helping my pain .Anyway I've not forgotten you all lol
Happy new year
How difficult for you! Taking care of loved ones is so emotionally painful and physically tiring. I looked after mom at home for a number of years as her Alzheimer's progressed; however, I realize that it's not the same as the physical illnesses both your parents have. My recommendation from experience is to be forgiving of yourself when you get impatient and frustrated, and take time out to care for yourself, to make sure your physical and emotional needs are met. Care giving of a parent is not the same as professional care giving. It is far more subjective (in the sense of being personal and emotional), and lasts 24-7, not in shifts.

Yes agree,it's very hard and dad has age related dementia to,But I guess love is what keeps you going.And I do take 2 hours a day for myself atm.xx

@Forgetmenot I totally agree with what @MissNeverWell said.

I understand what you mean by getting so busy and not getting on here. I've been helping family on a much lesser level than you, but one gets so tired, a break just means stop, not raking up the energy to converse.

Ans a very Happy New Year to you and yours, and anyone else dropping by 🤗 🤗

hard to take care of someone else when you have enough on your plate just trying to take good care of yourself!
hang in there, @Forgetmenot . It sounds as though you are a really good person.

Ty ,and congratulations on the new hat

So sorry your parents are ill such a worry for you and added stress. Happy Healthy 2024 Nan

Back