Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
UK
State
GL
Hi everyone I've got fibo and my mental health is not good doc gave me tablets for depression I allways feel such dread in the morning don't no why .body feels like it's swelling and in pain I'm going through menopause does anyone get these symptoms 😢 if so please let me know feel like life is getting me down and don't feel like I can cope

Hi @nicky117 , and welcome to the forum.

Many of us here have had similar feelings of life getting us down and not being sure we can cope with the chronic pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia.
But you can.
You can manage this, and this is a forum of people from all over the world who are here to help you, to help each other, in whatever way we can, so that you can get through the days that are the most difficult.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. We are a safe space where people will not make fun of you or disparage what you say. We only want to help.

Many of us also have had or continue to have difficulty with depression. I have had depression as a part of my life ever since I was a child, so I am intimately familiar with it. sometimes, depending on the individual and the medication, medication can help. You don't say what the medication is that you are taking or if it is helping or not. sometimes the medication we are given at first doesn't help, sometimes it can even make things worse, and we need to try a different one, and some of us have medication-resistant depression. I don't know where you fall in those scales, but wherever you are, know that you are not alone.

Here's a post I wrote for newcomers to the forum. Read it and see if you can start trying some of the suggestions....you never know, something there might help.
I am sure others here will welcome you as well.

Hello. I am sorry for what you are experiencing. I went through the exact same thing for several years when I was on antidepressants. I felt horrible in the mornings, suicidal ideation, extreme depression, always worst in the mornings. Horrible and dreadful thoughts and feelings. The antidepressants, and I cycled through five or six of them, all gave me the same side effects, these adverse effects which outweighed any benefit I was getting from the medications. What was happening in my case is that the drugs, the antidepressants, we're giving me horrible, disturbing night terrors. Worse than nightmares. These were night terrors involving real people in my life, real things in my life, but distorting and twisting them in a horrifying way. And of course, in addition to this terrible effect I was also not getting a restful night's sleep because of it. So I don't take antidepressants anymore and I have felt 101% better than I did when I was taking them. I would say 300% but I don't know if that's mathematically a thing. Lol. I consider myself at this point to be treatment resistant when it comes to antidepressants, but I have also discovered that I am not depressed anymore. Sure, I have normal depressive episodes just like everyone else in the world, but I don't have major depressive disorder like I did when I was on the drugs. Never again will I take an antidepressant of any type. I know they work great for some people, but I can tell you that you are not alone and this is a real thing that can happen because it happened to me. I don't know how many drugs you have been on, but I would speak to your doctor about switching to a different antidepressant and trying that out for a while. Some doctors will even prescribe anti-convulsion medication as an antidepressant. Speak to your doctor, be frank and honest, and really take this seriously. Decide for yourself whether the benefits outweigh the adverse effects. I find that there are so many other things I can do when I do get depressed like exercise, go for a hike, get some sunshine and fresh air, play with my dog, visit a friend, or engage in a passion of mine. I wish you the best and know that you are not alone. This can and does happen. I am proof of it. I hope that you find the right path either out of your depression or to successfully treat your depression without these terrifying effects. Namaste.

Hi Nicky, welcome to the forum 🫖 🍰 (I'm sorry you're in so much pain, if I could make it gone I would) I dont get swelling, but I do get a lot of neuropathic pain to almost cramping feeling sometimes, worse in my legs than anywhere else, migraine and low back pain (right now my pain is very bad, I'm assuming due to cold weather) I do suffer with depression from trauma from c.a and dealing with people with n.p.d and aspd later in life, (the fibro and the pain and restrictions it causes is enough to bring you down though) you have us to talk to when you want (we live in different countries,) we're from all different places (there should be someone here for you) have you ever been to counselling/offered and kind of therapies (I've been considering cbt?) Anyway hope your day is ok today, blessings ✨🧚🏼‍♀️✨

Thanks for replying hope u have a good day

Back