Not open for further replies.

MissValkie

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
UK
Hi I'm Danni, I posted once quite some time ago. I was diagnosed with fibro 12 years ago now and have been learning as I go. I read the advice forum from back then that most recommend on here and it has helped with vitamins and such. I am sorry if someone else has already posted something like this before or if I put this in the wrong section (not entirely sure which place this falls under >.>).

So I have felt my fibro progressively worsen over the years like my flare ups would get stronger and hit harder. I have becone a migrane sufferer recently which I have never been before. As well as both the frequency of feeling heart palpitations (I know that fibro can make fake ones) but those have progressed worse very recently where it feels like there's a tight grip in my chest around my heart constantly. Along with worsened brain fog moments constant exhaustion despite me sleeping plenty.

Apologies for the long winded I was just looking at maybe comparing notes? See if anyone else have had similar symptoms? I just feel dead every day and the pain levels are just soul crushing. I have recently started on cbd oil which seems to relax nerves a bit. I take vitamins every day including vitamin c and d as extras because I have a slight deficiency in vitamin d. I am looking at being healthy and limiting sugar to small doses. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. I went back to my gp but he was stumped and put me on a very long waiting list for pain clinic :/.

If you are experiencing heart palpitations, you must see your doctor right away. This could be a symptom of heart issues that have nothing to do with fibromyalgia, and you need to find out and not waste any time in doing so.

If your heart checks out OK, then you may be experiencing anxiety attacks rather than a heart issue. If this were to be the case, there are many things you can do to alleviate these experiences. I have had this myself and my favorite thing, and the thing I have found to be the most effective for me, is a very simple form of bio-feedback.

All you need is a fingertip pulse/oximeter that costs about $15 in a drugstore or online. Sit in a comfortable chair and look at your heart rate, and simply tell it to come down. Keep watching it and telling it to come down. I find that I can get mine down to a normal rate in under 5 minutes by doing this.

This works for me, but there are many relaxation techniques including protocols you can find online and videos on youtube that can help with this. Find what works for you.

But first see your doctor.

Hi Danni, and welcome back - not long winded at all, and definitely the right section! :)
So I have felt my fibro progressively worsen over the years like my flare ups would get stronger and hit harder.
As that's generally not the fibro itself: have you identified any reasons/triggers? Like co-morbidities adding on, or overdoing it by carrying on? Not that knowing what it might be from helps much... Unless it's something you can influence, e.g. by diet (but you say you're looking to be healthy and limiting sugar, not sure how disciplined you are with that?) or exercises/stretches/physio.
I have become a migraine sufferer recently which I have never been before. As well as both the frequency of feeling heart palpitations (I know that fibro can make fake ones) but those have progressed worse very recently where it feels like there's a tight grip in my chest around my heart constantly. Along with worsened brain fog moments constant exhaustion despite me sleeping plenty.
My headaches and fog have tended to come from meds, my antihistamine, altho 2nd generation, I've now downdosed to 2% to improve that and generally am testing if it's still worth taking. CBD I see you're trying, that was one of the things that greatly increased my fog by zombifying, instead of good relaxation.
Heart palpitations and tight grip in your chest: If you push the rib muscles and it hurts, then that may well be costochondritis, rib muscle inflammation, and can be treated with exercises.

Is your "plenty sleep" restorative though? That might be something to work on, as many talks I've been working thru in the last weeks emphasize.
Tons of things for exhaustion - very early morning sun etc.on the one hand, movement, and many supps on the other, maybe you've seen the other current thread on it? Just generally taking any old "extra" vitamins and -minerals may be easy, but won't target your exact need. C I take for my MCAS, it's not really necessary for fibro, D like B12 is important, but most still don't get real help from that.
I just feel dead every day and the pain levels are just soul crushing. ... waiting list for pain clinic :/.
Feeling dead and your soul feeling crushed sounds like you could do with some coping mechanisms - a good pain clinic can help with that (a lottery in the UK, I know), but reading about it and starting it- things like "radical acceptance" (e.g. acceptance and commitment therapy) might help you in the meantime?

My own coping idea for today, hardly able to talk or move is: My sleep, local pains etc., IBS are OK, I am able to do enjoyable things, so I'm thankful I'm much better off than others I know with post vac/CoV.

Last edited:
CBD oil side effect may be an extrasistolic symptom,but all cardiac complaints should be investigated/Holter,Echo, EKG/
Senior

Something else worth considering is panic attacks. I have them and they cause a variety of physical symptoms including, but not limited to, heart palpitations, chest tightness, headaches and more. So it might be worth addressing your mental health as well.

Something else worth considering is panic attacks. I have them and they cause a variety of physical symptoms including, but not limited to, heart palpitations, chest tightness, headaches and more. So it might be worth addressing your mental health as well.
Yes, as I said above, this could be anxiety attacks.

As said first see a Dr,but also could you be suffering from anxiety,when I've had panic attacks and even days after feeling tents I feel like someone is squeezing my chest,it hurts.
Either way be worth seeing a doctor for both.

I have experienced similar issues. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago. I have trouble believing it's not progressive as it seems to have gradually gotten worse over the years. From what I've read, that's not uncommon. I also started getting migraines after my diagnosis as well.

I've been on multiple medications that have each helped for several years before losing effectiveness. First it was Cymbalta that worked for a long time. Then Savella which also worked for several years. That stopped working about 3-4 years ago. I went back to Cymbalta and though it helped some, it's only made on extended release tablets so I can't get full benefit (had a gastric bypass so extended release doesn't work for me). I did some research and discovered Venlafaxine which is very similar to Cymbalta but comes in immediate release. I'm finally getting relief from the pain. It doesn't help the fatigue, but I'll take it!
I have tried others but they didn't help at all (Lyrica, gabapentin,etc)

I've been there with the dead feeling. Dragged myself to work and spent the rest of my life in bed. Medication truly helps. I also take antidepressants which are critical for me.

I know this is a long post. I hope it's helpful!

discovered Venlafaxine
this drug is highly restrictive down here known as Effexor it can only be prescribed by a Psychiatrists in a hospital environment. I was on this for a while before it was restricted it has some weird side effects and is easily addicted to I could have my grandsons stand in front of me and also I could recites their name I could not tell which one was which, I would go to walk thro a door and walk straight into the wall , I would just fall over for no reason, gave me mood changes the drug becomes the Symptom and thus it becomes a roll a coaster wanting bigger doses - took me months to get off it. Be VERY CAREFULL with this drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back