Diagnosed after stopping Elavil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen1975sunsam

Howdy! I’ve been diagnosed with fibromyalgia after dealing with extreme bilateral body pain. Neck, jaw, and shoulder spasms, insomnia, and anxiety which probably stems from worrying something is wrong and I have no clue what it is. It came on like a storm after I stopped taking Elavil for migraines due to extreme weight gain. I was having mild symptoms before I took it but nothing like afterwards. Fast forward a year later and this is the diagnosis given. I’m going to try Cymbalta because I can’t get any Savella. I’m hoping for some relief as this is absolutely exhausting to deal with.

Hi Jen, and welcome! Have you seen sunkacola's recommendations here? Meds have been proven not to help much. Much more important are to find our individualized combination of a whole row of self-caring treatments - lifestyle incl. coping, relaxation, diet, getting triggers under control and supps. These get deeper to causes, whilst meds just superficially suppress and harm most in the process. Meds may be a lifebelt for a time, but it's best not to walk thru life with a lifebelt on all the time.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back