Does anyone have these symptoms??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewlZ78

I don’t have a diagnosis yet. But I’ve been dealing with chronic pain and fatigue for a minimum of 22 years. Ever since my bipolar diagnosis 6 years ago I’ve been put on sertraline and Olanzapine and my pain is so so so much better. But it does nothing for the fatigue. I’m still recovering from my third bout of cancer (hodgkins lymphoma twice in my twenties then breast cancer 2 years ago) and keep “crashing”. I end up on the couch with extreme fatigue, dizziness, brain fog, racing heart. Any little bit of activity makes me feel winded, lightheaded and nauseous. It usually lasts 2 days but my crashes are worse since the last cancer and this one right now is pushing 4 days. I’m achey but not really in a lot of pain. But before the meds I would be in agony for seemingly no reason.

Does anyone else have this?

Should I be pushing for a fibromyalgia diagnosis? I feel like I can’t blame it on the cancer anymore and it’s affecting my marriage because I haven’t gone back to work yet.

Hi JewlZ, and welcome 👋 - Wow, a ton on your plate!
Any little bit of activity (including walking thru our flat for a minute) making me fatigued and nauseous, sometimes dizzy, is something I have for months after the jabs in connection with the MCAS it's triggered - not from fibro. MCAS tho would mean more general oversensitivities which for instance react favourably to an antihistamine as well as a set of supps.
I'm not sure if the 22 years of pain & fatigue has been just the 3 cancer bouts. But 3 times alone will be more and more taxing for your body. And the 3rd one was a different form, maybe leaving a different mark - plus: you/they sure it's 'gone'?
Still, I'd be pushing for further diagnosis - but whether fibro or no is now much too vague to say. Your pain is probably widespread enough, even as an ache, but what about further severe symptoms aside from fatigue and fog, like insomnia and IBS?
Even if they were fibro symptoms it can be a lot more of other conditions, like autoimmune stuff.
It can also be fibro at the same time, just the question if that can point you to helpful treatments or help like disability/work relief.
We don't really see many people seeing cancer triggered fibro, maybe because people tend to just blame it on the cancer.
You can't blame it on the cancer anymore, but can your docs?
Very understandable that you haven't gone back to work yet with all this. That's another reason to get it checked.
But why and how that'd be affecting your marriage is something which "surprises" me all the more (not), and I'd go to marriage counselling and/or own counselling or therapy for, to sort that out and improve it before it's too late. But maybe it's just the communication of your symptoms now they have no "visible" cause, and for that you might like to look at the "How to understand people with chronic pain" thread.

In case you'd like ideas what to do about the crashes before having sorted the triggers and effects out:
Your sweet spots and limits are obviously much lower than before, so adjusting your pacing so that you "never" crash is the main thing to do as long as you haven't found your supps to decrease this. In the months after the jabs I hardly move around, however make sure I do regular stints of exercises and stretches to keep fit, then start stints of activity low and go slow.
Sunkacola's advice post at the top of the forum may help you with that.
For the nausea some can take ginger, I take homeopathic nux vomica D12, but essentially I need to make sure I move less, or rather less intensely or if possible intense, but short.
And for energy, ache, fog etc. there's a load of supps you could try too. Meds often don't get that deep and cause more side effects.

Last edited:
@JewlZ78 , welcome to the forum.
You ask if you should push for a fibromyalgia diagnosis. The thing is a diagnosis of fibromyalgia gets you nothing except for something to write down on forms. It won't get you effective treatment because there is nothing that works for everyone who has fibromyalgia, and there is no cure. It doesn't really help you in a material way to get that word written down on your record.

To me, it is more important to do the best you can to manage the symptoms you have in a way that allows you to have a life. I agree with what Jay says above, and suggest you put your energy into exploring possible triggers and trying out things that might help you.
Here is my post, which has suggestions for things to try:

This is amazing thank you so much! These are things that I do try to do every day actually but a little nudge in the right direction is so helpful.

🤗 🤗 🤗 hi @JewlZ78 you've been through sooooo much, your body's been through a lot, and your systems gone through sooo much too, I recognise some of the symptoms I've experienced with fibro and chronic fatigue, I'm hoping that you have very good gp's, I think considering what you've been through and how your feeling right now regular contact with the gp would be a good thing, and maybe someone to talk to as you've faced some really challenging times with your health, anyway welcome to the forum ☕🍰
I hope you stay on to let us know how your getting on with everything 💜🐣💛

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back