Gone potty? Plants gardens and lawns .

4392ba31170edc4aa7bd5f76fc4e46d1 (1).jpg

I like these ones (they remind me of poached eggs 🙂)

Sing nice songs to the plants and flowers, 😁, tell them how well they're growing 🌺🌷
Ah, yeah, I already do whistle with the redbreasts and blackbirds, chatter with the jacks, jays and magpies, and coo with the pigeons. Some answer so we have a longer talk about the beauty of life and the weather. Some worry & flee, not sure if I've been too creepy or think I'm a competitor.
Redbreast sometimes prefers me not to look too much, but mirrors my moss games. Like tame jacks sort of trying to help with removing weeds, but actually just getting in the way while gleefully enjoying playtime.
Whilst... I'm not sure yet, but I do prefer to Enjoy the Silence when caring for our chlorophylled friends, and I hope they understand my love and care just with a murmur or two once in a while...

my wife'd love a hide away too, so would I
I can best simply use all the recent clippings to partition, I just read....
And to allow & increase wildness I'll first banish the lawnmower today and re-define "weeds".

Yes won’t be long and the recycle return and earn will take most bottles at present they don’t take wine or spirits. There definitely are a lot less bottles ect along the roads.
Wow jayCs, that’s a lot of snowdrops. I love hydrangea, if looked after the can put on a beautiful show. It’s terrible when a tree dies, I have a beautiful spotted gum that has died . Still haven’t got it cut out but not rush. If I get it cut down I might want to get the trunk cut in rings slabs so I can plant orchids/stag/ elk horns on.
A moss lawn? Low maintenance lawn lol, once your scissor work is done never need to touch it , sounds great. Sounds very frog friendly too lol. I too have compost bins, I keep my favourite compost bin in my banana garden and when I take the lid off the top is totally covered in worms. Think that’s why my bananas are thriving.
I would love a secret garden , it would be lovely to go hide away in for some quiet time.
I bet the daffodils look lovely in bloom.
Hi eff2013, I got a white crepe myrtle, my mom had all the colours at her old house. Never thought to put my geraniums in hanging baskets, do you have to prune them much to stop getting shaggy?
We have planted about 30 weeping Lilly pillies along our side fence , there 3 metres tall and make an awesome hedge. Well we haven’t pruned ours and just hang naturally they just are so pretty and keeps our privacy .
View attachment 3773
my daughter has heaps of these and I have acquired a few of them 🤫 to plant around the frog hotels, they love the shaded wet areas.

my daughter has heaps of these and I have acquired a few of them
My oversized snowdrop turned into a beautiful poached egg today.... But mine's a crocus.... 👐
Zooming in from snowdrop groups on the hobbit moss lawn to the yolk, too embryo-like to eat.

(Hmm, not sure if "thumbnail" or "full image" is better? I've quartered the pic size (50% x 50%).)

Attachments

• 2023-02-13 14.36.21.jpg
    2023-02-13 14.36.21.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 2023-02-13 14.36.31.jpg
    2023-02-13 14.36.31.jpg
    915.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 2023-02-13 14.36.42.jpg
    2023-02-13 14.36.42.jpg
    756.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2023-02-13 14.36.02.jpg
    2023-02-13 14.36.02.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 44
  • 2023-02-17 14.21.34.jpg
    2023-02-17 14.21.34.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 2023-02-17 14.21.53.jpg
    2023-02-17 14.21.53.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 50
They are lovely. As are most white flowers I think.
I have one clump of crocus left in the lawn. It’s under the edge of my fig tree. 🤔 now I might get my daughter to dig em up for me so i can move them out the front and spread in the lawn there.

Harpy, white Crepe Myrtle must be stunning. Mine are red, but have no flowers. Not sure what to put on them to make them flower. Also they are not growing much. How big is yours?
My Geraniums looked fantastic in the hanging baskets for two years in a row but now look a little leggy and sorry for themselves. They need trimming. But they are tough. They can survive anything.
I would love a secret garden too. There is nothing better than losing yourself in the garden. I think some type of magic happens!!
Wow, 30 weeping Lilly pillies! They must be a sight.

JayCS, your snowdrops are amazing. The gorgeous white colour with the contrasting yellow and red are just to die for!!

Yes the white is stunning, but I think all white flowers are.
Our finished flowering Christmas time. There about 3 metres tall but will get hacked right back to stumps once autumn comes.
Here are my Lilly pillies, totally blocks next doors house lol. Once that dead gum comes out it will thicken more.
3412902C-5A60-4634-A181-AF12C44B96C9.jpeg
I’ve got pink geraniums, might cut a bit off and pot it and see how it goes.
My dark Hoya is in flower, will take a pic and send.

I bought these for my mam one year (I think it was for her birthday). Either way, it made her happy (happy mam was much better than opposite, phew) anyway I bought them as seeds so she could grow them (cos they were climing lilac ones, and she loved the garden) I think they were called blue moon ✨

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.2844978752_rep1.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2844978752_rep1.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 47
Wow they are gorgeous, never knew come in that colour 😊

Yep 👍🏻

Reactions: MNP
.Used to have superb gardens at my first farm they were a pleasure to walk and sit in - had plenty of water pumped from the river directly to the sprinklers etc . My second farm had a well but the water was quite salty so not much gardens and we were in drought for almost 10- years on that farm. Now in town I planted heritage roses and had a nice garden till both of us had problems walking etc. So got the grandson to come up and create a nice pot garden - all plants in pots and placed so we can tend them without bending over too much have some vegies and flowers, passionfruit and thornless blackberry over the inner fence -there was already a Mulberry tree up the back, a couple of fruit trees and I planted a fig tree and that the limit of our garden with old age moving in.

Back