Gone potty? Plants gardens and lawns .

It sounds lovely, john salmon 🥰

So got the grandson to come up and create a nice pot garden - all plants in pots and placed so we can tend them without bending over too much
I have a couple of large gardens left, but I have underplanted them with a variety of bulbs so they a basically maintenance free.
But I do enjoy potting up now . But the birds are starting to steal the basket liners for their nest 🤦🏻‍♀️.
have some vegies and flowers, passionfruit and thornless blackberry over the inner fence -there was already a Mulberry tree .
I have a couple mulberries come up after H cut down the huge ones. They have come up from a bird dropping. Their are 5 I about a foot. Should I cut out the smallest 4 and just keep the larges. Or just leave it for the survival of the fittest? I’d like to keep them all but I can’t dig 😞.
Thornless blackberry? Never heard of that one. Used to have so many blackberry bushes on our farm we grew up on, oh man the scratches were so worth it for that little tasty reward.

You know when your doing good in the garden when your frequently getting visitors like these. They just love my star jasmine when it finishes flowering FA44E878-3661-4D0F-85BC-70936E02EE40.png 0A453E3C-D6E2-4ACB-B214-62ADD6726C10.png

Oh, there's beautiful butterflies, especially the black and white one (never seen 1 like that before)❤🦋

Reactions: MNP
My daughter has the large full yellow butterflies but haven’t managed a photo of them yet.
But I did get super close to a huge white and black dove this morning, it was an arms length away. I was putting bird seed in all the trays and as I got to the last tray I look up and the dove was looking at me. It was awesome.

But the birds are starting to steal the basket liners for their nest
my partner used to cut my hair an ds the cut hair was placed in a holder in a tree in the backyard - would only stay there for less then a day as the birds took it to build their nests - nowadays we put wool out for them basically we have magpies here - used to eat the dog food and have a walk inside if we accidently left the door open. On the farm had a much larger array of birds they would nest in the pepper trees some would burrow into the bank and some would setup their nest on the front veranda each year Had a powerful owl and wedge tailed eagle who tried their hardest to get the little miniature foxie every now and then. I miss the range of birds we had on the farm

Harpy, are you out in the country? Because that is a massive back yard. Looks amazing! The Lilly Pillies look great!

Auriel they look amazing. I have a gorgeous rose called Blue Moon. It looks stunning in spring. What a lovely gift for your mum. Nothing better than flowers!

Well I had a quiet day at home. My son moved my emu’s and put new mulch under and around them.
My mom made them years ago, she has made all the ornaments in my gardens.
141C0B52-7D69-4E01-B7ED-6919F26DDD3B.jpeg
They protect my front yard 😆😆😆

Yep, Harpy's mom got some SKILLS 😎 👍🏻

Yep, Harpy's mom got some SKILLS 😎 👍🏻
She sure does. Mom can paint , sketch , she crochet her sisters beautiful white wedding dress. My sisters formal dress. We always wore crochet dresses when we were young. My daughters grew up in lovely little frocks.
She used to teach pottery at the local community centre .
I enjoy making thing out of macramé.

AF98B1E6-84F2-43F7-B27D-C3AEFA07216A.jpeg 183E7146-60C3-4783-9ADA-E156BAC9294D.jpeg l 7942DDDA-92AD-41BD-B120-9BE508D2BFA1.png
My favourite thing I have crochet is my sons blanket for his bed.

Back