Hormone blood test

FeelTheBurn

Has anyone had hormone blood tests, what test private or NHS did you have and results?
My nhs history zero hormone tests.

Has anyone had hormone blood tests, what test private or NHS did you have and results?
I was actually sent to endocrinology (besides neurology) by my first rheumatologist, after he denied it being fibro (the 2nd 3 months later confirmed fibro). My semi-alternative orthopedist also felt sure it wasn't fibro, but hormones.
It was paid for by semi-private insurance, non UK.
They first did about 15. Had to look up what there is to remember what was done. The "se'x" hormones - estrogen, progesterone, cortisol and testosterone, and metabolism: insulin, glucose and thyroid. After a suspicion of hypothyroidism I got another more thorough check by a more expert endocrinologist, and just in case I get a pretty full panel tested regularly for thyroid (never had rT3 tested though, I think).
Sarah Gottfried's site on hormone bloods talks about CVD & lipids, which I also get checked regularly, but I don't get what that's got to do with hormones?
A functional doc I read stuff from said FM and CFS have a lot to do with NO and cortisol, and suggested a cortisol stress test, and I asked and they obliged to measure mine before and after running up a staircase. But then didn't send me the results, and weren't able to interpret them anyway.

Back