I used to suffer from debilitating fibro. I now live pain free. Ask me anything you want, I am happy to share anything that might be helpful for you🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badger, do you drink tap water or bottled? (Someone told me there's no difference, but I can taste it) 💦 💧 💦
Tap water mostly, I buy a pack of bottled water, refill from the tap and carry it with me. After a week or so I put it the recycling and open another one. I don't mind the taste and stopped drinking it chilled months ago. I might have noticed a difference in taste but not much.

Badger, do you drink tap water or bottled? (Someone told me there's no difference, but I can taste it) 💦 💧 💦
I know you didn't ask me, but I hope you don't mind if I toss in what I know.

Whether or not to drink tap water depends entirely on where you live and what's in the tap water, and actually the same is true of bottled water.

Some bottled water is only tap water from somewhere other than your tap. Still, it may be better than your tap water. Or, it may not be. The only way to know is to know what is in your own tap water, and equally what is in the bottled water and where it comes from. It's not hard to find out what's in your tap water if you want to go to the trouble of getting a water report from your water company or municipality. Finding out what's in the bottled water, though, requires an analysis and you'd have to pay for that, and it's different for every bottled water company.

Even if it is genuinely spring water in the bottle, it may or may not be better than your tap water, because the majority of the ground water in the world is contaminated with agricultural chemicals unless it comes from remote areas in the arctic. And, of course, the plastic bottles themselves leach microplastics into the water that is stored in them. So there's that.

So, bottom line is that if your tap water is safe to drink there's unlikely to be any advantage to drinking bottled water.
Unless, of course, it simply tastes better to you, as you are saying, Auriel, in which case the choice is clear. It may not actually BE better water, but taste is important.

Yes that's what is my tap water tastes very strange , chemically, I stick to bottled water like evian and s,pellegrino, it would be interesting to find where my water comes from for curiosity👍🏻

I wonder if a filter would help, I happen to have one in my one cup kettle. Fortunately we live in an area were it's fine out of the tap most of the time.

I wonder if a filter would help, I happen to have one in my one cup kettle. Fortunately we live in an area were it's fine out of the tap most of the time.
Would depend on what's in the water, and what the filter actually filters out. Most filters in things like a Britta or that you attach to your tap don't really filter out very much, and you never know what is being filtered out and what is not. I think people have a false sense of security with those things, and the manufacturers definitely make a lot of money on that. But if you stop and think about it, you really don't know what those filters are doing, or if they are doing anything that is genuinely helpful or not.

Yes that's what is my tap water tastes very strange , chemically, I stick to bottled water like evian and s,pellegrino, it would be interesting to find where my water comes from for curiosity👍🏻
I think that's wise. If you taste chemicals, that's unpleasant even if you don't know what you are tasting. They may be added to the water for a good reason, may be harmless, but chemical tasting water is not what I would want to drink!

I've watched the first couple of standing meditation videos so far and tried it for a couple of minutes a few times a day. Not sure if I'll manage the other stances with the burning shoulder fatigue or sore legs but it will be interesting to have a look.

tried it for a couple of minutes a few times a day
Please keep reporting back. I've got quite a lot to focus on at the moment, so am forgetting. Maybe I should see if it can help reduce my blood pressure spikes...

(At least my BP goes down a bit if I stand up, which is good, cos if it went up, or dropped too much that'd be riskier. Now reading up orthostatic/postural hypotension.)

Last edited:
I've been rough lately between catching a cold and the drop in temperature, but still tried standing meditation pose one most days. Unfortunately there are no such instructors locally, so can I only feel my way through it in following the videos.

I'm not able to stand for long because the pain in my knees and hamstrings so could only manage a few minutes. Fortunately so far standing in pose one has not made the pain worse. Afterwards my legs do feel like I've had a workout, but they're not sore and shaky like they are with other exercises or stretches.

My shoulders suffer with burning fatigue and old injuries plus the neck pain and migraines. To be on a safe side I turned my palms to face my hips giving them a space of a few inches similar to the video. I tried to focus on the physical sensations, posture and discomfort, paying attention to the exhales.

At times over my shoulder blades there is something of a sense of relief during practice. The pose also feels almost like something to relax into, holding yourself steady while letting it hang out. I'd like to continue and hope I'm on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back