I used to suffer from debilitating fibro. I now live pain free. Ask me anything you want, I am happy to share anything that might be helpful for you🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pain is in my neck, head, shoulders. I’m currently on 60 mg Cymbalta but still suffering. How did u heal?

My pain is in my neck, head, shoulders. I’m currently on 60 mg Cymbalta but still suffering. How did u heal?
Sorry to hear that your still suffering. Medication didn't particularly work for me at all either. There were a few main things which really made all the difference for me. Number 1. I saw a great TCM doctor (great not good is important) Number 2. Zhang Zhong (Standing meditation) every day. It's one of the few exercises that work because although extremely painful at the time, it can produce immediate relief very quickly.

How old are you? Male or female? What drug/alternate therapy "healed" you?
30 now. Officially diagnosed as a teen by GP. Male. I definitely wouldn't have healed without an amazing Chinese medicine doctor. But the real non bullshit answer is through Zhang Zhong I was able to get a real clear cut observation of my pain and through that able to get the space I needed to work through that pain.

I know that's a non conventional answer, but no other therapy that I tried allowed me to do that, and it was exactly what gave me the chance to start to heal.

through Zhang Zhong I was able to get a real clear cut observation of my pain and through that able to get the space I needed to work through that pain
Sounds a really good basis, like other things people use to "work thru" the pain by being able to distance ourselves from it and not letting it cause us suffering. Becoming normal in many pain/fibro clinics here in Germany.

So I get how a meditation may help see pain as what it is. Is the "immediate relief" then just that, taking the suffering out of the pain?

And what techniques/herbs did your TCM practitioner use? I tried it, but it harmed me.

Sounds a really good basis, like other things people use to "work thru" the pain by being able to distance ourselves from it and not letting it cause us suffering. Becoming normal in many pain/fibro clinics here in Germany.

So I get how a meditation may help see pain as what it is. Is the "immediate relief" then just that, taking the suffering out of the pain?

And what techniques/herbs did your TCM practitioner use? I tried it, but it harmed me.
Interesting. The immediate relief I mean is not that the pain completely goes away, in fact for the time you do it the pain gets far worse, but then after for about 5-15 minutes the pain lessens by a degree. So for me my pain was around a 8/10 constantly and afterwards would move to a 5 or a 6. Then slowly the relief would extend until it lasted pretty much the whole day.

The posture is different to standing meditation and research has shown it can reset your endocrine system, improve digestion and rebalance serotonin and a bunch of other chemicals. It's also something great for fibro people because for many exercise is a no go and counter productive, but this is a gentle exercise and will slowly build health. (Just the temporary extra pain when you do the meditation that is the only down side, but for me it was worth it to heal)

TCM herbs hurt me too, you have to see a great one. Herbs is such an expert field. Maybe even more so than western pharmacists. If you google Heiner Freuhauf and fibromyalgia there is a lot to read for free. He's in the states, but if you're in Germany if you contact him I'm fairly confident he could recommend someone in Germany. Might be worth a shot anyway

Hi Loveistheway ☕🧁 did you have chronic fatigue with fibro pain or the fibro on its own? And yes I would like to ask more, I('d like to ask LOADS more) that's for another day 👏🏻👍🏻✨

Hi Loveistheway ☕🧁 did you have chronic fatigue with fibro pain or the fibro on its own? And yes I would like to ask more, I('d like to ask LOADS more) that's for another day 👏🏻👍🏻✨
Yep fibro, chronic fatigue, low immunity and a bunch of other crap. I was constantly sick with the cold or flu and couldn't move off the couch at all at its peak shitness😆

So for me my pain was around a 8/10 constantly and afterwards would move to a 5 or a 6. Then slowly the relief would extend until it lasted pretty much the whole day.
Hmm, I just tried Day 1 of Lam Kam Chuen's video(s), it was quite fun to do, esp. cos short, the arms don't need to be held high, and there's knee twist "warm up" before, and the hip twist "cool down" after.
It's hard to transfer your starting point to mine. A pain of 7-8 to me means having to cry, cry out or scream, so my "constant pain" used to be around 3-5, now this usually only happens if I've overdone it and goes down after rest enough hours, so isn't constant.
Today I'm at around 3, the standing caused no additional pain (except calves from the slightly bent knees) and no relief. But praps a bit refreshing, not sure. Might continue with day#2 right away... Or do they have to be done longer? day#2 is only 6' too.

What I'd need it to do is to be able to now do more with the pain as usual increasing from 3 to 6. Ideally it would do that by increasing my stamina.

Incidentally, wall sits are something proven good for high blood pressure, and something I can do (for 30'') more easily than standing for 6'. And horse stance is the advanced version...

day#3 was tougher: arms up in the warm up and in the standing exercises to the front.
The posture is different to standing meditation
Didn't get that... 🤔
and research has shown it can reset your endocrine system, improve digestion and rebalance serotonin and a bunch of other chemicals.
Sounds good. Is that real research? Could you name an article? Can't find anything on pubmed.
It's also something great for fibro people because for many exercise is a no go and counter productive, but this is a gentle exercise and will slowly build health. (Just the temporary extra pain when you do the meditation that is the only down side, but for me it was worth it to heal)
I can imagine, and I can imagine that it might not hurt everyone, and might help someone.
TCM herbs hurt me too, you have to see a great one. Herbs is such an expert field. Maybe even more so than western pharmacists. If you google Heiner Freuhauf and fibromyalgia there is a lot to read for free. He's in the states, but if you're in Germany if you contact him I'm fairly confident he could recommend someone in Germany. Might be worth a shot anyway
I've come across Heiner Frühauf/Fruehauf before, the gu syndrome and the associated parasite hypotheses ("Lyme" etc.), which many functional docs share but the described symptoms don't fit to mine. All the blurby background whether I read or listen/watch doesn't earn my respect. Yeah, maybe he'd answer, but I know all TCM practitioners inside my "energy/movement radius"...

Last edited:
and research has shown it can reset your endocrine system, improve digestion and rebalance serotonin and a bunch of other chemicals.
Hi @Loveistheway , can you please tell us when/where this research was done, and by whom? What paper this research was published in?
Tell us how to find it on the web, but please remember not ever to post direct links, since that is not permitted on this forum. Thanks!

I also tried the Lam Kam Chuen day 1 video, felt it in my legs felt it afterwards but then they have been quite sore. Not certain I had my arms in the right position, then again I'm conscious of aggravating my shoulders and left bicep. The exercise is interesting and I would like to learn more about it. I'll try practicing with the video again tomorrow. I use a few exercises I remember from Chi Qong each day for range of movement with arms and shoulders. The left bicep has been severe lately.

I'll also spend time over the weekend with a different meditation, turning to the pain and observing it along with the breath.

Hmm, I just tried Day 1 of Lam Kam Chuen's video(s), it was quite fun to do, esp. cos short, the arms don't need to be held high, and there's knee twist "warm up" before, and the hip twist "cool down" after.
It's hard to transfer your starting point to mine. A pain of 7-8 to me means having to cry, cry out or scream, so my "constant pain" used to be around 3-5, now this usually only happens if I've overdone it and goes down after rest enough hours, so isn't constant.
Today I'm at around 3, the standing caused no additional pain (except calves from the slightly bent knees) and no relief. But praps a bit refreshing, not sure. Might continue with day#2 right away... Or do they have to be done longer? day#2 is only 6' too.

What I'd need it to do is to be able to now do more with the pain as usual increasing from 3 to 6. Ideally it would do that by increasing my stamina.

Incidentally, wall sits are something proven good for high blood pressure, and something I can do (for 30'') more easily than standing for 6'. And horse stance is the advanced version...

day#3 was tougher: arms up in the warm up and in the standing exercises to the front.

Didn't get that... 🤔

Sounds good. Is that real research? Could you name an article? Can't find anything on pubmed.

I can imagine, and I can imagine that it might not hurt everyone, and might help someone.

I've come across Heiner Frühauf/Fruehauf before, the gu syndrome and the associated parasite hypotheses ("Lyme" etc.), which many functional docs share but the described symptoms don't fit to mine. All the blurby background whether I read or listen/watch doesn't earn my respect. Yeah, maybe he'd answer, but I know all TCM practitioners inside my "energy/movement radius"...
One really important thing about standing meditation I forgot to mention is: 100% it is one of those things where although you can copy online, for it to really work you need a professional in person to correct your stance and show you how to do it. Usually this will be someone like a tai chi teacher. This makes ALL the difference. Trying to do standing meditation on your own without posture corrections is like trying to build a canoe with no prior knowledge of wood work or how bouyancy works etc. I really can not emphasise this enough. It made Such a huge difference to me.

In regards to not experiencing much pain when doing it, I'm guessing that's possible, it's just for me it did because any movement at all felt like death and bones crushing.

Hi @Loveistheway , can you please tell us when/where this research was done, and by whom? What paper this research was published in?
Tell us how to find it on the web, but please remember not ever to post direct links, since that is not permitted on this forum. Thanks!
Sure, I'm just heading to work now but over the weekend I'll try and find it. From memory it was a series of studies done by Harvard University, along with the biomechanics of some tai chi professor. But I could be muddling them up, I'll try do some digging for you.

you need a professional in person to correct your stance and show you how to do it.
When I started with back physio in my 20s it was only the 5th physio who was able to show me how to "tense" properly, so I do realize a professional makes all the difference.
For me it's usually no longer necessary, cos I've become the expert for my body, - as well as not possible mid-term anyway, due to exhaustion, so either I can get it to help, or not.
for me it did because any movement at all felt like death and bones crushing.
Hmm, so it wasn't the standing itself, it was the warm ups and cool downs? - For me not moving has usually been harder, I need to regularly change my posture every 5 minutes or use a "moving" posture, twist-stretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back