Loss of Concentration feels like last straw !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacqfedup39

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
UK
I have been diagnosed since 2015.Part of past jobs was paperwork.
Now I can only function for a short time, so reading a bill or filling in a form is to much.
I have books stacking up on kindle and on audible.
Tv is no joy no more. I want/need some of the ability to concentrate back.
Before I am kicked of the mental health course. Because they think I am lazy.
Can anyone help me. I try so hard to make things go into my head and stay there but i have finally admitted to myself.Does not mean I accept it.

... need some of the ability to concentrate back. ... Before I am kicked of the mental health course. Because they think I am lazy. Can anyone help me. I try so hard to make things go into my head and stay there but i have finally admitted to myself.Does not mean I accept it.
Sounds tough! Have you told the course mentor that in detail?
You've tried all the supps for fog? And the concentration websites @johnsalmon recommends?
Would someone checking in on you regularly several times a day help? Or would that stress?
Or would describing those things here? - We'd support and make short suggestions!
You could give examples!

Fed up jacq, hi, are you on a course at the moment? If they're thinking you're lazy for having a condition then that is awful, just today I had to get someone to take a letter 9 miles away for me; (pre fibro I would have been able to do that no problem), when it comes to form filling I find citizens advice really good with things like that (my hands get quite pained and I find it easier to do things bit by bit) so asking for help (which I hate doing) gets things done quicker, cos fibro has a way of making everything more dragged out, TV's done nothing for me for a while (sad thing about fibro and cfs, you push yourself too far , you pay the price and if not things have to be done bit by bit)
💛🤗💛

I have been diagnosed since 2015.Part of past jobs was paperwork.
Now I can only function for a short time, so reading a bill or filling in a form is to much.
I have books stacking up on kindle and on audible.
Tv is no joy no more. I want/need some of the ability to concentrate back.
Before I am kicked of the mental health course. Because they think I am lazy.
Can anyone help me. I try so hard to make things go into my head and stay there but i have finally admitted to myself.Does not mean I accept it.
Hi Jacq
I get that, I used to be so into paperwork, now there are times I'll look at 2 and 2 and think....and...not think anything :giggle: I am learning (reluctantly) to try and pace myself, and if I am too pooped to think, then just leave it for now.

Sometimes TV is no good, (ads) so I go for netflix and the likes, but there are times I am happy to potter with music in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back