Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TN
Sometimes when I’m really stressed out I get a smell in my nose like rusty metal. Does anybody else experience anything like this?

I do

To me it smells a lot like blood, and I can't count the amount of times I've checked myself to see if I'm bleeding

I forgot to come back to this "phantosmia" one, so thanks pratchettfan14 for coming back to it!

It's not smell hypersensitivity, is it, which like light has sometimes been seen/studied in fibromyalgia, like in "Multisensory Hypersensitivity in Women With Fibromyalgia: Implications for Well Being and Intervention" from 2011.
Or MCS which isn't that rare as co-morbidity with fibro.

It has on these forums only been mentioned twice, mainly on this thread -> here, related to migraines, as an aura.

(The link is "under" the word "here", but in case you can't get it that way: Weird symptoms and looking for advice)

I don't think it's related to fibro, cos it's common, often goes away, but can have many causes: nose, teeth, various neurological (like migraines as said) or mental conditions, as well as environmental exposures. Doctors can help in some cases, or at least corner what it might be from.

Back