Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
I have found a wonderful resource I would like to share. Fibromyalgiapodcast.com. Tami Stackelhouse is the founder and and certified fibromyalgia coach. I find it hopeful and she provides many free resources. Please give it a try.

Fibromyalgiapodcast.com. Tami Stackelhouse
Yeah, also she's written "Take Back Your Life: Find Hope And Freedom From Fibromyalgia Symptoms And Pain" too, with a foreword by Ginevra Liptan, there's a short youtube video of the two talking about self care.
I myself haven't found anything of her's I've seen particularly new or inspiring, maybe if you share some particular examples that might change my mind. Or is it more for people new to fibro?

Like Jay, I have not seen or heard anything from that person that is better or any different from what one will find on any number of other sites on the internet.
I suspect that @CAB is simply trying to drive traffic to that podcast.

What would b wrong with sharing this information? You make it sound like a bad thing. I find her information enlightening and useful. I haven’t found the forum that beneficial.

I’m not trying to change your opinion. I’m fairly new to fibromyalgia and her podcasts and books have been helpful to me. There are tons of books and other information resources and one does not and cannot sort out what is beneficial. What are your suggestions?

Sunkacola, I misinterpreted your statement that I was simply trying to direct people to fibromyalgia podcast.com. You were not dismissing me as I first thought. My apologies.

I haven’t found the forum that beneficial.
Sorry to hear that. But you only just joined, so it might be too early to pass judgement on whether or not it is useful. And, if it is not useful to you, you don't have to be here. Best of luck to you.

I’m fairly new to fibromyalgia and her podcasts and books have been helpful to me. There are tons of books and other information resources and one does not and cannot sort out what is beneficial. What are your suggestions?
That's what I guessed. I don't think her stuff is bad at all, as good a place as most to start.
The first book/resource on fibromyalgia we read/hear will usually build up a fundament to build on.
And I bet there's quite a few things in there, some way she puts things, that are better than anything else for an individual.
Also like you say there's lots of free resources, and that's very fair, esp. for us who have a hard enough job as it is.

The reason I said "no better" (which also means "no worse") was that posting just that one sounds as if it were for some reason a lot better than the many other resources and for that we'd need a reason and comparison.

Interesting that you haven't found this forum helpful yet, cos I and many others do find it so. Pity actually, hope it improves. Maybe you can improve that yourself... like by saying and contributing what you are missing...

For me the difference here is I need to interact with others to really implement things, to keep re-thinking, to ask and to reply. My first book, German, didn't tell me much more than I'd found on the web before, but more important generalizations in the books etc. didn't fulfil my desire to get into contact and debate about things and hear so many different individual experiences, which helps form an own opinion and pathway thru the jungle.
For that this forum has been brilliant, despite interaction sometimes being a strain, like it always is.

Hi @CAB

I'm new here too (less than 6 months) but I am with @sunkacola and @JayCS on this.

You have only said that :
I haven’t found the forum that beneficial.
That's understandable, because you have never interacted. It's like someone walking past a cafe and saying the food there is not nice before even stepping through the door.

As Jay said :
For me the difference here is I need to interact with others to really implement things, to keep re-thinking, to ask and to reply.
That seems to be the norm for fibro sufferers. You appear to be undiagnosed, and the way I feel from your posts, you may not actually have fibro, but something that may be similar.

Good luck

I’m unofficially diagnosed but I took the revised fibromyalgia impact questionnaire and ended up with a score of 75 (score of 40-50 for most fibromyalgia patients). I also did the new clinical fibromyalgia diagnostic criteria questionnaire and the results indicated I do have fibromyalgia. Where on the forum can I find good, legitimate resources??

I’m unofficially diagnosed but I took the revised fibromyalgia impact questionnaire and ended up with a score of 75 (score of 40-50 for most fibromyalgia patients). I also did the new clinical fibromyalgia diagnostic criteria questionnaire and the results indicated I do have fibromyalgia. Where on the forum can I find good, legitimate resources??
This forum is, itself, a good legitimate resource.
If you have questions, we will answer them to the best of our ability, speaking from our own experience. We are not doctors. I make an effort to be sure that the information presented here as fact is fact with scientific backing, and that speculation and theories are presented as such.

If you really want to know if you yourself have fibro or not, though, you need to be tested for all of the many different things that can cause the same symptoms that fibromyalgia causes. So, if you have not been tested for those things, and have not eliminated them, you cannot really be sure you have fibro instead of something else or in addition to something else.

the new clinical fibromyalgia diagnostic criteria questionnaire
Which ones, the 2016 ACR, or 2019 AAPT, or 2022 UK guidelines (which are essentially the 2016 ACR)?
Where on the forum can I find good, legitimate resources??
Well what exactly do you want to find?
Those criteria are all OK, if you mean for getting a general idea if the diagnosis fits. But you seem to be there already, so ready for more....

If more: When I answer topics I usually point to where I get my information from, like all the vague research there is.
But what is more good and legitimate here as opposed to other resources is:
we have quite a number of people with fibromyalgia who are working on all aspects of their life and give you their whole experiences and opinions based on that as well as what they've seen others write.
So there are loads of detailed, specific threads and posts to absolutely all areas of fibro: you name it, you ask it and we've got it, or you'll get it.
You called this thread "resource for feeling better": Not sure if you mean mentally or physically or both, but we cater for it all.
Some of our basic resources here for starters are sunkacola's advice post, I'm not sure if you've seen that at all,
and "my" ("intense") thread on how to get working on your fibro issues,
then there's also "my" thread on getting others to understand us, which includes understanding ourselves too,
we have this thread for fibro humor to help lighten our lives up.

I have and use tons of resources elsewhere ready for "you" at my finger tips, so have others here.
Just on this forum we may only post internal links, external resources we have to name the title so people can find it without clicking on it, or at least bungle the URL up so the software doesn't recognize it as a link.

For finding specific things you can use the search yourself (magnifying glass up right) or just ask and we'll answer or point you.

To compare your wish for "resources" to what we do here:
Rather than just "reading", to get on it's necessary to start working (see 2nd link) by identifying symptoms (physical or mental), understanding and describing them, distinguishing them from similar ones, and then look for specific help / treatments for them. And that's where we're faster and better than most other resources, cos we've already done the reading and can point people directly to the best paths. Also we can "accompany" people and make suggestions till they've found the best solution possible. But we can't "force" people to "drink", like doctors can, and we don't want to, either, too much of that around anyway.

One of the best resources for fibro and ME/CFS on the web is healthrising.
One of the worst is fibromyalgiaresources (unless you already know your stuff and just use their weird ideas for brainstorming.)
I have a list of books on one thread here and a list of best video talks too.
Youtube generally is my favourite/only go to for finding treatments for any symptom, esp. local pains.
I've regularly taken part in summits and webinars for fibro and my other conditions.
And here I've started a thread on this, cos of a recent very ample conference with many good talks.

Any of this suit you?

Last edited:
Back