Rosacea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex529

I suffer with fybro but have recently also been diagnosed with Rosacea. I looked online if it was linked to fybro and there are some suggesting it is. Does anyone else suffer with this too?

I suffer from a similar condition however it is an outcome of Hashimoto's disease thus is an autoimmune system condition. The surveys looking at Rosacea. and fibromyalgia are quite small in number however it is very common in women aged 60+

Thanks johnsalmon, thanks for your reply. I'm 48 and male so less common I suppose. Or not connected at all😟👍

In rosacea the inflammation is targeted to the sebaceous oil glands in fibromyalgia it is believed that it is a condition of the CNS ie in the brain. so there does not appear to be any logical link however people with fibromyalgia can and do get Rosacea - there is a good range of medications for rosacea

There is no known link between the two.

Yes, I have it, diagnosed about 7 years ago. My dermatologist told me she sees it frequently in Fibro patients. I am 52 now, 45 then...

My daughter has this and fibro to .

That's interesting to learn, Caroline
I've got some red on my cheeks Alex (its worse sometimes than others) used to get really bad after alcohol, (i barely drink now only occasions ) I did wonder if I had lupus (cos of the butterfly shape) but tests were negative) I'm autoimmune thyroid, so that might tie in with what John salmon said about it 🩵🐶🩵

I'm autoimmune thyroid, so that might tie in with what John salmon said about it 🩵🐶🩵
with throid problems you can get what appears to be the butterfly on the face but generally it is not red - the immune system upsets the way dead skin cells are shed - normally the average person drops skin cells on a continuous basis but hashimoto tends to upset that and you end up with dead cells building up roughly on the face and behind the ears you can see the shape of the butterfly on the cheeks with rough skin on the forehead and nose etc - there art several creams that can be used for this does not cure it however.

Mines not sooo bad 👍🏻

I have fibro and rosacea. As johnsalmon said, I don’t there is a link between the two. There is inflammation with rosacea and my dermatologist gave me a topical steroid and it does help. Two things that make my rosacea worse is sun and alcohol.

you can't buy it shops can you @frichard54? (I don't think my gp would give me cream for that) alcohol definitely makes mine worse (one of the reasons I limit it). All the top of my chest goes red, too! (Forgot to mention that before) I guess we're the red face brigade 🔴 😄

I have fibro and rosacea. As johnsalmon said, I don’t there is a link between the two. There is inflammation with rosacea and my dermatologist gave me a topical steroid and it does help. Two things that make my rosacea worse is sun and alcohol.
Just a word to the wise.............be aware that if you use a steroid cream on your skin daily, over time it will cause you worse problems than what you are using it for. I have known three people who ended up with systemic physical addiction to the steroid cream, meaning that it got into other systems of their bodies and started causing serious problems, but when they tried to stop using the cream the result was even worse. One person ended up in hospital and almost died from this. That person had been using the cream for years, so it's not always going to be that bad, but the other two had only been using it for less than a year and it took them each over a year to get clear of the consequences. Not everyone is going to have that serious of a problem, but I would never take the risk. The truth is, steroids are very damaging to the microbiome, the immune system, and to internal organs, and generally are to be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back