Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
TX
I've really suffered, especially in the early years of diagnosis. The past year has seen improvement. Not sure if it's time, healthy diet and regular, almost daily exercise and stretching routine, along with daily 200 mg of celecoxib, but I'm now well enough to experiment with reducing celecoxib dosage. Take heart. Maybe this can get better and eventually go away. Don't give up, live healthy and clean and watch what happens.

This was so encouraging to read @MrBrett
I am newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia and am not on any medication for this at present. I know medications vary in their success on each individual, some find them a huge help, others have an indifferent response or the side affects are too hard to bear.

I do take some painkillers due to underlying arthritis pain which the fibromyalgia tends to intensify. I hope to reduce these in time.

Live healthy and clean I am sure is the key, something I I thought an was pretty good at but have begun to understand I could do a lot better and am striving to achieve

I wish you well

I've really suffered, especially in the early years of diagnosis. The past year has seen improvement. Not sure if it's time, healthy diet and regular, almost daily exercise and stretching routine, along with daily 200 mg of celecoxib, but I'm now well enough to experiment with reducing celecoxib dosage. Take heart. Maybe this can get better and eventually go away. Don't give up, live healthy and clean and watch what happens.
I'm happy to hear this. It's exactly why I shared my experience. Everybody said it doesn't go away. Ok, well, we will see. One day at a time. And I will happily take improvement.

MrBrett said:

I'm happy to hear this. It's exactly why I shared my experience. Everybody said it doesn't go away. Ok, well, we will see. One day at a time. And I will happily take improvement.
MrBrett, you are commenting on your own post. Why are you doing that?
It's not against rules or anything, but I have to wonder why.

MrBrett said:

MrBrett, you are commenting on your own post. Why are you doing that?
It's not against rules or anything, but I have to wonder why.
User error. Tried to delete and repost from my phone, but there was no option.

...... Take heart. Maybe this can get better and eventually go away. Don't give up, live healthy and clean and watch what happens.
Thank you for reminding us (myself and fellow forum members) that there is hope for positive change for fibromyalgia sufferers. Sometimes I need to hear a success (in my opinion) story to keep up my optimism.:giggle:

Back