Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
IL
I had been on antibiotics for 10 days and after the third day my fibro pain was almost nonexistent. After I had taken all the antibiotics my pain returned after two days. Has anyone else had this happen and if so do you have any reason as to why?

I haven't had this happen, but I have an idea that your fibro may be related and partly caused by something viral like Lyme and this is reduced when taking antibiotics. Could it have started due to some virus?

I've managed to avoid antibiotics since I've had fibro, cos I know they'd cause a lot of problems, esp. in my stomach and gut and generally by resistance, and it was always possible to find enough natural anti-inflammatories so far. (I have occasionally had to resort to them one or two times.)
If you look at the 2008 thread "Antibiotic therapy for Fibromyalgia" on healingwell, that's where I got the idea from after you asked the question.
My fibro Ache flares may have started after getting the swine flu 8 years before my full flare. I was tested for Lyme fairly regularly cos of these Aches and it was only slightly elevated.
Like they say on that thread, taking antibiotics more than for another reason will not be a good idea.
However knowing that antibiotics helped, "natural antibiotics" instead might be something to try. However looking at them, I can't really recommend them, I don't tolerate many of them and I don't think they'll work. Instead I'd go for anti-inflammatory supps, which I can recommend, I tolerate, and are based on studies, sometimes tens of 1000s of studies, like quercetin and resveratrol. Just I don't tolerate any anti-inflammatory spices, due to my stomach hyperacidity.

The healingwell URL with spaces is: community/ default.aspx? f=24&m=1279758

Thanks for your response. I began the antibiotics because I had what my doc thought was a spider bite but I got a rash, which wasn't completely around the bite. So I started on antibiotics as a precaution. I also had a Lyme test about 15 years ago but it was negative. Thanks again.

Well it might have been a tick bite but I really have no evidence since the Lyme disease test came back negative. Thanks for your response it makes me think that perhaps that Lyme test was inaccurate or the Lyme disease was undetectable at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back