Arms and legs falling asleep

Meg123

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
This is kind of random, but does anyone else have issues with legs and arms falling asleep at night? If I sleep on my left side or my back, my left leg and arm fall asleep instantly. 😩

Have you seen a doctor about this? Maybe even get a referral to a neurologist? Another approach would be to get your back X-rayed and see if there is something goin on there that a chiropractor could help with.
You may have a pinched nerve or something of the kind that is causing this. This is definitely not a symptom of fibromyalgia, so it would be worthwhile for you to investigate and find out what is causing it.

@sunkacola - yeah it didn't seem "fibro-ish" to me either. I've had a back X-ray and a thoracic MRI (for separate issues) also had a brain MRI a few years ago when I saw a neurologist about my dizziness. All came back fine. The arms and legs falling asleep are new but make my crummy sleep even worse. Ugh it gets so exhausting making doctor appointments for all these things when the response is always - "your labs and imaging look great!" Which seems like a really weird thing to be annoyed by haha but you know what I mean?

Given that nothing is showing up on x-ray that would indicate that you shouldn't, I would suggest trying chiropractic. If you can find a good one, sometimes they can do a lot for this kind of thing. other than that, try experimenting with a different pillow, a different mattress or get a memory foam topper, different sleep positions, whatever you can change and experiment with in terms of how you sleep and on what.

Back