Diving and snorkeling

Leslie W

Hey all!

Has anyone found relief in the water? A couple of years ago I was able to snorkel in Monterey- I was amazed at the lack of pain I felt. I got certified to dive after that, but have yet to get to try that.

Just curious about others experiences.

Hi from North Carolina!

Leslie

Has anyone found relief in the water? A couple of years ago I was able to snorkel in Monterey- I was amazed at the lack of pain I felt. I got certified to dive after that, but have yet to get to try that.
Hi Leslie - in the fibro clinic I did some "aqua jogging" / fitness / aerobics, and a bit of swimming, which was OK at the time on some days (except for my skin), but on other days very taxing. Now with energy down even more from jabs/MCAS I could hardly get to a pool, let alone go and check in, tolerate the noise, the people, undress, praps tolerate the chlorine in air and water etc....
If I had a heated pool in the garden maybe I'd do slow 5'-15' every day or 2, like table tennis...

But if fatigue and Ache isn't that much of a problem, and it's enough fun despite pacing well, I can imagine helpful
the water taking off weight while in, praps the temperature, that was the rationale in the fibro clinic.

I think I'd find it hard to pace well. Especially if I feel lack of pain, as you say, whilst doing it. But as said, maybe if I could get a routine.

You made me wonder how you were able to get certified to dive without actually diving, was that a theoretical?

I did a certification dive- they trained us in a pool, and we went to a grotto in FL to test our skills. I haven't done just a dive for fun yet.

Back