Lostmyawesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgossman

Hi, I am new here from Virginia, USA. I have had fibro for 25 years at least, the diagnosed part. I see a very good rheumatologist who is willing to let me try new meds and also prescribes opioid pain meds for pain. I have just about all the fibro symptoms. My worst proble. Is post exercise malaise and pain. Gradually I have gone from a fit, healthy person to so.eone who cN barely lift a gallon of milk without consequences. Most of my life I have worked full time as a bank teller. The pain started as a repetitive strain issue with counting money, to computer, to working drive through tubes. It finally got so bad I went on disability with my work. Then applied for social security disability and was accepted. Still the pain progressed to most parts of my body. I can absolutely not lift most things. Or vacuum, sweep, without my upper back and neck sending me into extreme flares. I feel very alone and my circle gets smaller and smaller. I am afraid to leave the house almost because I am afraid of starting a flare. Thank you for listening. Does anyone else have this problem, problems and fea of pain escalating?

Hi lgossman, and welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear you have a doctor who works well with you. I don't know what other things you have tried, but just in case you don't know there are many things you can do for yourself that may ease severity and/or frequency of symptoms of fibromyalgia. Maybe you have already done all of this since you have had fibro a long time, but I will mention it just in case. I wrote a post about this, and it is intended as a guide or set of suggestions for ways you can experiment for yourself to find out what works best for you. This is a supportive forum, and we are here to help one another. I hope you find it useful.

Being afraid to leave the house really stings, doesn't it? I know the feeling. For me, it turned out that going somewhere and taking the risk was better than staying home in fear of feeling worse, and most of the time the fact that I did go somewhere and do something made me feel a lot better mentally, even if I did feel pain and fatigue afterwards. I don't have any choice in any case, as no one else is going to do the grocery shopping or do anything else for me! But I have found that my mental state is even more important to me than my pain level. That's me. For you, it may be different; we are all different in what helps or doesn't.

Hi lgossman, welcome to the forum ☕🥞, its do sad when you've live an active life and then fibro comes along and changes it ( it's not the end though, it's just different?) Yes I get the flaire up after housework, i felt good a week + half ago and did good house cleaning, then everything got worse (and my cfs) then I had to cancel my visitors 🙄, also about not leaving the house (I sometimes suffer with agoraphobia) I hope you don't get to that level but please try and go outside (maybe you could go somewhere nice, don't know if you drive) maybe somewhere scenic you haven't been for a while (providing the travels not too far cos if you're anything like me my fibro don't do well with long travel) anyway hope you stay a while and let us know how you're getting on with everything
✨🍀✨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back