Newby

Giddyup Girl

Hello.

Was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a Physiatrist in the Northern Virginia (Falls Church) area.

I need someone who has specific background with Fibro and CMP,

If said doctor only has a specific background only with Fibro, I'll still take it.

Any and all help appreciated. Thank you.

Giddyup Girl

I recommend that you try looking this up online, searching for reviews of doctors in your area. Yelp and other review sites will usually have reviews from patients who have seen the doctors in your area. You will have better luck doing that than asking on forums because you are seeking something so specific that only if someone happens to be on this forum in your area will you get good advice on that.
You might just try entering into a search engine something like" northern Virginia fibromyalgia doctor"

Hi there, and welcome!
I can find 6 medical meanings for that on wp. Closest to fibro is "Chronic myofascial pain, associated with hypersensitive muscular trigger points". That however would be so close as to be almost equal to fibro, not worth distinguishing. But is it that you mean, or one of the other 5?
I'm researching all avenues.
Hmm, what exactly have you found up to now?

A quick search for (myo-)fascial release or fibromyalgia shows me these PTs serving Falls Church specializing in those: respirept, ascensionchirova, virginiafamilychiropractic, harmonywellspring, myadvantagept.
In my opinion from experience it's not about doctor's degrees, it's about finding a good and gentle practitioner. But if you favour a doctor, could you ask there if they know one?

There have 6 "fibromyalgia doctors" listed on our main site. Of these all except #2 to me seem to be (praps) still practicing, 1) rheumatologist, 2) pain but I think no longer practicing, 3) pain incl. migraine, 4) rheum + Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at inova, 5) neurologist/psychiatrist, 6) rheumatologist at inova. Again, if you favour a physiatrist rather than these, you might ask if they know one? - but I'd at least try or ask at inova.

Why I checked "our" doc lists myself: I'm always interested to see how up to date it is, and again this test would suggest to me the lists are more than a good starting point, cos 5 out of 6 are definitely still practicing.

Back