Bad Day

keeping the sections I need in, then replying underneath
Yep, and for each section we want to reply to we can separate the bits with "enter".

I haven't got enter on
my phone (I don't know what multi quote is either but I've read the name before) 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️

@Auriel I'm here to serve! 😘 for goodness sake calm down. The NHS are stretched enough as it it! ( I have total respect for the frontline workers, the management side maybe needs an overhaul). I can't remember last time I had a proper belly laugh, although today I cried with laughter, but I think I laugh every day or at least smile on the painful grim days so I know that's a good thing. I promise to try to keep my posts free from the terms that certain people ( well, you) cant help but go all funny.❤

I was teasing! 🤣 (I wasn't gonna phone a + e) they do say to go there for chest pain (but as mine was from giggly fit I don't think it counts)👍🏻

Hiya @JamieMarc
First I am so glad you asked how to add in partial quotes! I had no idea and sadly felt too much a tech idiot to admit it!

You sound like You have your new garden ideas covered. maybe a priority for a sit down area so you can cast your eye around to make near plans and more future plans??
We were so fortunate to have some larger plant structures already here, some beautiful silver birch which move gracefully in the winds, and some crab apples which we can't eat but the birds love. Are you allowed to grow any fruit or veg in lots of that's an interest?

Most of the plants I have added are very natural native plants too. Crucially they will be happiest and healthiest and support much more wild life but I do have a soft spot for some more tender plants that need fleecing or overwintering in the shed\greenhouse. I just can't help myself in adding in something that really shouldn't work...🙄 hallways sneak in some new terms when my husband isnt looking....

We too have a limited budget, but I buy many plants from local fetes \fairs or swap with neighbours. That way it's cheap or even free and because they are taken from cuttings or seed,from their own gardens, you know they will work in our own gardens climate and conditions.

I also have plants in memory of people we have lost. A plant or flower relevant to them. It's a pleasing comfort.

Our big thing this year is to use the garden more to relax in. I just cannot do it as I think oh, I will just weed that area of tie in the sweetpeas and fail tonight sit! So, I have taken out the vegetable plot which is separate from the main garden ( sounds huge but it really isnt, I just cram a lot in!) and it will only have my shed, scented plants and chairs, a little oasis of calm. I hope.

Rambling again... Am shutting up now. Clean up those gardening tools and start small and steady, above all enjoy being out there.

sadly felt too much a tech idiot to admit it!
I'm not a tech idiot, but I. really could not figure this thing out. So thank you, Jay, for the useful info. I'm doing this now on my tablet, which seems to work better than my phone for using quotes. @JayCS Thank you thank you so much for taking the time to explain the reply with quote to me. I'm going to start using my tablet to make my post and responses from now on. Thank you!
maybe a priority for a sit down area
I definitely want a sit down area! I think I'm planning on setting up some chairs underneath the oak tree where a future garden will be, and that will be my place to Ponder my future landscape. Now that the weather is warming up, I can go sit out there, even bring Kobe with me, and just chill Under the shade of the oak. Forgive my atrocious typing. I am experimenting with voice dictation on my tablet.
soft spot for some more tender plants
Me too., but I tend to keep those indoors. I love my indoor plants as well. All of them are tropical, and many would not survive even a Florida winter. In addition to my outdoor garden, I will also be adding more plants inside A project I am very much looking forward to is adding more orchids inside for color since it is so hard to get. color from indoor plants. The vast majority of flowers require 6 or more hours of direct sunlight. Whether it be morning or evening or all day. I'm telling you, it blows a single bed with my ladder. That is the snow which I am having. Valerie
also have plants in memory of people we have lost.
I too keep plants that were given to me from friends or family, some of them still living and some that have passed. I was very upset in 2016 when something happened to my jade plant, I honestly don't remember what, but I had grown that from a cutting from my deceased grandma on mom's side. I'll have to check with mom to see if she has a jade plant from Grandma.

Improved telling you, it blows a single bed with my ladder.'
I'm practising trying to use quotes too... @JamieMarc This could go hideously wrong, but I know you won't laugh at me. Much. 😂

I wanted to comment on the chairs beneath the oaks, but got carried away with my delete button! That sound a fabulous idea, being in the surroundings in dappled share whilst planning how best to put your plans into action. I never knew your neck of the woods got colder in winter. In the UK I feel we some times get the four seasons in one day.
So your voice dictation seems to work, but I cannot figure out the above quote? ( that's if I made it appear) it reminds me of some of the clues if we attempt a cryptic crossword. Do a few puzzles to keep the brain on track. But the garden is for me, to work in, or totally relax in.

I never knew buddleias were such a waste of energy for birds thanks for that @JayCS I try to grow a lot of single flowers rather than the frilly stuff because I know insects find it easier, though bees in hollyhocks or foxgloves make a glorious echoing buzz in high summer.
We have a village cricket club and sometimes web at a faint noise of the ball being hit and muted applause. Summer at its happiest.
ll have to check with mom to see if she has a jade plant from Grandma.

I hope she does so you can take more cuttings. I grow sweatpeas which were my mum's favourite scent, and snow drops for my dad, as I have a tiny bit of a poem of snowdrops he wrote out when practising writing calligraphy. And snow drops signify hope. Your oaks represent strength, something all of us here have in abundance even when we don't always feel within the bad days.

Yep, and for each section we want to reply to we can separate the bits with "enter".
I haven't got enter on my phone
Have you got this

arrow bottom right of your letter "keys"? Dunno what else it's called, it's for line breaks.
(I don't know what multi quote is either but I've read the name before) 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️
Just the short name for using "+Quote" multiple times (or once) and then inserting it below...

Yes Jaycs I have the twirly left arrow (I never really use it with quotes) I just tap the screen to start responding underneath (I wanted to do quote replies when I joined but I didn't know how and I wasn't tech savvy, but I learned,) it's surprising what people can do when then think they can't and even when they "think" they can't maybe they "can" and they're just assuming they can't, someone once said (something like) if you think you can and or you think you can't, you're right (I know that's not the case with "everything" though) but there's way's and means around things (and a lots been achieved by all types of people over the years so) 👍🏻

Last edited:
Oh @JayCS that cracked me up! 😂😂😂 you are so very right, I am the world's worse typist and still have to turn off the auto correct on this tablet - she says making desperate excuses!

I shall make sure my " things to do today list " includes never ever press that post reply button until I have re-read my message and it (mostly) makes some sort of sense!

Mind you, I love @Auriels description of the keys on her ipad\phone! Now those I can understand. I managed to lose the edit button on a post yesterday .... 🙄

Today someone taught us now to use our bank card to pay for a parking ticket! I am a strictly cash girl usually. I felt so grown up!

Oh you are funny @SBee (I so wish I knew you in real life) 😊💖

Last edited:
never knew your neck of the woods got colder in winter. In the U
Florida is considered subtropical, so we're close but not totally tropical. Our Winters typically average days in the 50s or 60s and nights in the 40s or 50s and sometimes 30s. I'm speaking Fahrenheit of course. LOL. So there are definitely some plants that are native closer to the equator that are not cold hardy here. They might be in Southern Florida, but not here in Central Florida.
but I cannot figure out the above quote? (
Lol! When I read what you quoted from me I was thinking like what? Did I write that? Lol. After thinking about it for 10 seconds, I realized that my voice dictation picked up my music, and what you read was a quote from whatever song was playing at the time. Too funny!

Back