Dating!

@Surviver 45
You sure do love your emojis! Lol. I love that! 😍❀️πŸ₯°πŸ€£πŸ€“πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸŒž

Reading the above posts, I thought this might be a good time and place for the serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

For the word God, insert whatever you believe in.

As someone who has spent many many hours in the rooms of AA, I have always had a special place in my heart for this prayer. It nicely sums up my outlook on life, my faith and has always given me comfort. May it comfort others as well, and may they absorb it and employ it in their everyday lives. πŸ™β€οΈ

Blimey @JamieMarc impeccable timing.

I'm a bit of an emotional mess today and reading the Prayer again has settled me somewhat. To be totally honest it did make me teary but only it's because it's what I needed, to remind myself.

How come at times we finding easier to give help and advice better than accepting it ourselves?

Am now going to finish the chores then find a quiet spot to do some yoga, a little kindness to myself. Reflective day, think I need to unjumble some feelings. Thanks, as always 🌞😍

Because I'm really a child trapped in an adults body lol 🀣 hehe 😜

I love the serenity Prayer, I take a lot of comfort from that.
I'm glad it's gave you comfort in the past too.

Be kind to yourself, treat yourself as you would treat others.
Another one of mine i like 🩷😁

Yeah I'm not sure I am always as mature as my age suggests I should be either .....😁

But on the brightside ( Ooh,reminds me of The Killers 🎀🎢) someone today seriously thought I was ten years younger than I really am. You know, look wise not in maturity! I'll take that thank you very much.

Look at me perking up a bit...

Well if that's not enough to put a smile on your face nothing is ! Lol πŸ˜πŸ˜‚
You do look 10 years younger by your photo πŸ“Έ 😬
I often get mistaken for my daughters sister! She is nearly 20! I'm 45.
I take that too! πŸ˜‚ at least God blessed me with youthful looks and a child like humour🀣

I don't know how you put your profile photo up on here? Also, I can't seem to tag people?
I have tried...πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«
Instead of replying separately I see others put the others name up in blue?
I have the computer skills of a 5 year old too...
Did I tell you?🀣

Well I have no idea how to do the photo thing but as soon as I can on this forum someone kindly told me how to tag someone specifically onto a thread.
You simply do the weird @ sign followed ( without a space) by the recipients name. You should find their name and similar names pop up in a little box so you can click on the correct name if easier.
And that ends the total sum of my technical knowledge 😬

Thank you for all the kind things you said yesterday @Surviver 45

For anyone reading this, if I don't post a response or say a thank you sometimes, please know that it is not intentional. I might be having a bad day, or I might just be too busy and stressed with my overloaded plate right now.

Y'all are the best and a saving Grace! ❀️
It's ok (we get it, it's no biggie) and you nearly 58! (You're photo shopped for sure!) πŸ«‚ ❀️

Hi @Amesalot it's nice to see you back (I thought you'd dissapeared forever) β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘πŸ»

@Surviver 45 (it's easy to tag us) just put the @ sign in front of our name (no spaces, done!) ✨️ πŸͺ„βœ¨οΈ

I also often get that I look much younger, and although it may seem shallow, I am grateful for that. Perhaps it just means that I take good care of myself.

I don't know how you put your profile photo up on here? Also, I can't seem to tag people?
To change your avatar picture, go to your account, then click on "Account Details", and you will see how to change your Avatar picture.
To "tag" someone, type the @ symbol, then start to type in their name, first 3 or 4 letters, and a drop-down box will appear with all the member names that start with those letters. Choose the right one, and you will "tag" that person in your post.

If these things don't work, it might be just that you are still very new on the forum and it isn't letting you do it yet. Post more, and in a few days or a week or so, try again.
Any problems, let me know.

It's ok (we get it, it's no biggie) and you nearly 58! (You're photo shopped for sure!) πŸ«‚ ❀️

Hey @Auriel I laughed out loud at this until I suddenly brain fogged remembered I am the same age as @JamieMarc !

We obviously have exceptionally good genes in our respective families! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
[/QUOTE]

Hiya brand new @JamieMarc . Nope still don't look 57 my friend! And hello also to the beautiful Coby.

What service does Coby provide, other than a dog always being a person's best friend? In the US, do you have animals that are qualified to go into hospitals and care homes such to provide comfort to those who may be away from their own beloved animals and are in what can be a scary place. We have two miniature ponies near us who do that, actually in the buildings. 😍

Back