Not open for further replies.

Phoenix boy

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2023
Country
UK
After giving up fishing around 30 years ago now I've decided to rekindle my passion again. I've started course fishing around 2 months ago now, had to also update some of my fishing equipment, but thoroughly enjoyed it. I just found it was good for my mental health & was good to be out within the countryside. I intend to keep it up at least whilst the weather is OK.

I used to fish - love surf rock fishing but my partner will not allow me to rock fish any more and my grandsons took my fishing gear from me.(they also took my chainsaws from me!!) I'am only 77 years old!!

Within my younger days I've fished off boats out to sea and from piers, not actually tried fishing from the shaw or Bach casting. At least you could then eat them, unlike coarse/lake fishing.

So your back doesn't hurt from fishing? 🤔

Yes it can, but I take plenty of stretches and short walks, also take my own comfortable chair. It's great for my mental health though. I tend to have back problems no matter what I do, just finding something that takes my mind of the pressures of life.
My job also helps, but it's equally nice to find a hobbie just for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back