Temperature sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely understand that. I was never someone who loved summer, but I enjoyed the warm weather and sitting out in the sun. The sunlight and the heat make me want to cry. When I have to let my dog out to go potty, I dread it and try to stay covered in the shade. The heat makes me feel like I can't breathe, and my skin gets red and itchy. I don't particularly like winter and the cold either but at least this past year I handled the winter better than summer. I would like to live where it is 55-60 degree all year long, not hot, not cold.

Good luck finding that place!
Everywhere is getting warmer all the time.
I feel lucky because, although I live in an extreme climate, that gets hotter than many people have experienced, I have lived here for years, so the increase of 5 degrees or so over the past several years is not that hard to adapt to.

I'm like a human barometer, when there's a bad weather coming in I feel it, also can cause myself to suffer from silent migraines, too. Not sure whether it's from my A.S or fibro though, something I've always been sensitive to. Generally I feel a bit better within sunny weather, as long is it's not over 30c, then I struggle a bit with the heat.

The cold makes the back of my neck hurt, light + heat of midday spring sun makes me nauseous.
Surprisingly the nausea is minimized from staying outdoors all day. But I keep under parasols a lot.
Being more used to the sun, I'm more inclined to be calmed by research which says the melanoma danger decreases then, it's only high risk if you're out occasionally. But I'm not sure ... ?

Don't you all have a "bio weather" report together with the normal ones, in papers and everywhere? Looking for the English translation of Biowetter, I just came across an article in thelocal.de called Bio weather: Cloudy with a chance of kidney stones? by Kristen Allen (URL /20100308/25535). The site thelocal describes "a country" from an outside view. This article "smiles" about the "quirkiness" of Germans finding it important to mention that the weather influences health in a certain way.

This is cos my wife keeps telling me in the paper it said today will be bad for rheumatism, and (since my mysterious vertigo/blood pressure attack) that yesterday would be bad for high blood pressure.
- And it did go up to 140-150 between 4 and 5 definitely, when it was more humid.

(But the bp still went down again at night, to 97 re. 55, at the same time dizzy/woozy/balance, "shaky tissue" (anyone know what I mean or describe that better?), later nauseous sinus headache.)

Today, I'll be measuring it more to try to unravel this new symptom, and also see if I need the blood pressure med (additionally to my many blood pressure/relaxing supps) or something else. It was too high in the vertigo attack and the first day in the clinic, but after that OK to low most of the time. If I do need it for the daytime, I need something to increase bp at night! Apparently it doesn't work immediately, only over time, 2-4 weeks, so it's no use taking it in the mornings (which I do anyway).

I actually find the measuring calming by making me mono-task/relax/rest, stopping everything else I'm doing, slowing me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back