Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2022
Country
US
State
NJ
Has anyone had success with whirlpool baths? Thank you!

Hi CathyRachelle, A whirlpool bath is often soothing and relaxing for people. For some and not for others....there are people who don't like the sensation on their bodies.

The thing is that when you ask a question like this, no matter what it is about, there will always be people who say it is great and others who say it is bad or not helpful. No matter how many people say either thing, you will never know if it helps you or not unless you try it. This applies to every kind of treatment that anyone can use with fibro.

It also depends in this case on what your definition of "success" is. Does it mean a little relief, a lot of relief, etc.?
There is nothing that will cure fibro that we know of yet. But there are many things individuals can do to lessen the symptoms.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply. Do you have any suggestions to relieve the exhaustion? Thanks

yup, something like a whirlpool bath is one of those things you just have to try out.. see if it works for you.
for me, a whirlpool would be nice, but i would prefer a hot-tub, to be honest

suggestions to relieve the exhaustion, huh?
how is your sleep? do you get enough at night? how restful is it?
do you have good sleep hygiene?

how about diet? are you eating healthy? or a lot of fast/junk food? what about caffeine - do you drink coffee or soda in the evening?
yes, diet can have an impact on sleep quality, and in how we feel in general.

there is no one thing that works for everyone - no "quick fix", sorry.
Sunkacola has a great thread with plenty of things to try out (all non-medical, so low or no costs) that is pinned at the top of this section of the forums (general discussions of fibromyalgia)
You need to be willing to try different things - one thing at a time - and find what is going to work for you. It is a slow process, but can be very beneficial if you give something enough time to really see if it helps or not.. at minimum 3 weeks, a month or more is better. Patience really is a virtue when looking for things that can help.

Thank you for your response. I sleep well but wake up tired, no matter how long I sleep and can nap throughout the day. I don’t do artificial foods, one cup of caffeine in the morning and eat very healthy all day. I’ll look at the other threads, thanks for the suggestion.

I sleep well but wake up tired, no matter how long I sleep and can nap throughout the day.
Have you tried sleep lab / studies? They might show what's going on?

Do you have any suggestions to relieve the exhaustion?
There is nothing known that will relieve fatigue while you are experiencing it. You just have to accept it if you have a fatigue day. I still have those and I just say Oh well, can't do what I wanted to do today so I will do something else (like lie down most of the day and read unless I am too fatigued to read!)

If, however, you can improve your overall health and sleep, you will find those days are fewer. Truly, if you approach this as not a something (sleep deprivation, fibromyalgia, etc) you have to fight or deal with but rather a message from your body that says your overall health needs to improve, and you do what it takes to get healthier you may have great results.

Here is the post others refer to. Read, try some things, let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back