Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1992
Country
CA
State
ON
Okay, not directly related to fibromyalgia but does anyone feel their main purpose in life is to be a fool? Today was going well until I heard a terrific crash and was concerned that someone in another apartment had fallen. I'm never sure what to do in these situations. On the one hand I want to respond appropriately so that if it is an emergency, someone could be alerted, but on the other hand, if there is no direct indication (can't see it/know for sure), I don't want to jump the gun and overreact and cause everyone, including myself, embarrassment/intrusion. I checked next door to see if my new friend and neighbour was alright, and she was. That left either the person to the side of me or the one below me. I mentioned it to one of the residents who was headed for the elevator, and she suggested reporting it to the resident security person on duty. I did, and everything checked out. It was only some time after I returned to the apartment and did a second check of my own unit that I discovered the source of the crash - the showerhead coming off the wall. Do these ridiculous situations only happen to me or can people relate?

@MissNeverWell

Ohhh yeah !!!! Maybe we are wired to be protective/caring/supportive and we got a double dose?

It hits in all forms, recently I bought some groceries for a lady whom explained her financially strapped position. I'm not so sure now that I wasn't just scammed by someone who knows the tricks.

We live and learn, or maybe not 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗

Well.....since you're the only one that knew what you did, and now us, I promise I'll keep your secret! :ROFLMAO: Seriously though, I too had a similar situation, but just ran outside because the crash sounded SO LOUD and awful.......and then found several hours later I forget what I had propped up, but it landed in the shower....

The noise must be amplified in a shower!:giggle:

@BlueBells and @Willowtree Thank you so much for understanding and sharing your stories. @BlueBells very interesting that you mention hardwired to be protective/caring/supportive, as I have been referred to by others as an "empath". I can relate to those victim scams and I have done the same thing. The most elaborate one was outside a grocery store while waiting for a taxi. This guy came up asking for money to pay for a taxi (I think that's what he wanted or some alternative form of transportation) because his car was out of gas and his pregnant wife in labour was just taken to the hospital by ambulance. Can you believe I actually went to the Instabank for him. I later realized it was a scam. Friends/relatives punched holes in that logic in no time flat - I guess I'm not a logical person, lol. For most people, it's "just the facts, mam" but for me it's "just the essence, mam" , lol. @Willowtree thanks for keeping my secret, lol. You are absolutely right, there's something about a shower/bathroom that makes the noise reverberate.

@Willowtree @MissNeverWell

I later realized it was a scam. Friends/relatives punched holes in that logic in no time flat - I guess I'm not a logical person, lol.
I think I am a very logical person, but sometimes logic is cancelled when the "caring factor" kicks in. I was kicking myself at the time, and quite a bit since. Still am, a bit, but my head seems to play good guy/bad guy, one saying a scammer, the other saying, but just maybe.....

@MissNeverWell @Willowtree

I replied to Willowtree in another thread and was about to write something, but I think it belongs here :)

Was at the vets today , not up to it, but others busy (work) so ...off we go. By the time I was leaving, I was forgetting the vets name, double checking if I had the cat, got to the car and called daughter to explain before I forgot.

Then I realised I'd walked out and not paid, back in to make follow up appt while daughter was on speaker phone (so I wouldn't forget to tell her) and forgot the day and time of appt even as I was writing.....woe is me hahahahaha

I explained to the receptionist it's not Alzheimer's or dementia, just fibro ( I hope) lol I'mm so glad the car knows the way home :D:D:D

Lol. Nothing wrong with you. That's just like! Happens to us all. I hear noises all the time and spend time investigating them. Sometimes I am successful at finding the cause, other times not and I just say oh well and give up.
🤪😁🤓🤗🤣

With brain fog and trying to do the right thing it's pretty frustrating stumbling forward with a vague gist of what's happening. Occasionally I get to see the funny side but it's surprising how foolish one can be making simple mistakes 🤦

@Badger

I love that meme thread, it helps to be able to see the funny side indeed. I particularly like the term "fibromanic". Applies so perfectly :):)🐉

Back