DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi!

I was just recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It has been a long painful road of symptoms, but am happy that I have finally got an answer. My doctor is also looking into the possibility that I may have lupus as well because I tested positive for ANA antibodies. Not quite sure what that is. Anyways, I hope that I can get some great advice from other fibro patients. Some days can be so unbearable and I need to learn what I can and cannot do. Its hard to do for myself when my mind is always looking out for my young children. Looking out for myself and taking care of myself is going to be a challenge because I have a tendency to push myself. If anyone ever has advice about the best way to take charge of this illness, please let me know.

mqowan,
Welcome to the forum. I would say you are at the stage where learning everything you can about fibro, as well as, the parts of it and medications used will help you become very good at management of the disease. So as you read through the forum take notes on what has worked for some and also what works for others when all else fails. There are going to be a few bumps in the road as fibro often surprises you with unexplained symptoms that can scare you but knowledge will save you.

If you have lupus, there are more symptoms to manage and some can be more serious then others, but you will learn and grow wiser as each thing comes and goes. With fibro the symptoms can hang around long enough to scare you and just when your ready to rush to the E.R., they disappear.

So read the posts on the forum, both new and old. Join in and post more questions or just get your feet wet by answering other folks posts and make a bunch of new friends. I am glad you found us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back