Luvs2bake2

Diagnosis
05/2003
Country
US
State
IL
Hi everyone!

I am new to this site, and am kind of feeling my way. I was diagnosed with fibro about 10 years ago. I was lucky, and picked an awesome Rheumatologist from the start. He did the trigger point test on me the first visit, and away we went. I get massage and acupuncture to help some of the pain. I think some of the worst things for me (besides the pain), is the restless legs and the fibro fog. I have recently gone back to school for my baking and pastry degree, and am actually surprised that I am able to concentrate.

Look forward to getting to know you, through this forum.

Luvs2bake2,
Welcome to the forum. I am sure you found out by looking over the forum, that there are lots of good info here to read and also members to get to know and trade coping skills with. look through every topic and read the comments that others add on topic's.

Be sure to post more questions and get to know more members by answering their questions. See you around the forum. :)

Hi everyone!
I look forward to "listening", learning and "chatting" with all of you.

(((Hugs))) to all!

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site, and am kind of feeling my way. I was diagnosed with fibro about 10 years ago. I was lucky, and picked an awesome Rheumatologist from the start. He did the trigger point test on me the first visit, and away we went. I get massage and acupuncture to help some of the pain. I think some of the worst things for me (besides the pain), is the restless legs and the fibro fog. I have recently gone back to school for my baking and pastry degree, and am actually surprised that I am able to concentrate.

Look forward to getting to know you, through this forum.

Welcome Luvs2bake2, I too am a pastry chef, just finished my degree in Dec 2012. To my surprise you are able to :confused:concentrate? I can't remember anything I've learned in school . Matter of fact I'm wondering now,:shock: how did I pass all my classes with "A's & B's" . I struggled so bad with foggy head and pain thru my years of school. I was getting massage therapy that would leave me hurting just as much as when I walked in.

Good luck to you! and congrats!

Welcome! Glad to have you here. Good luck with school, I know you'll do great!

Thanx! I have been very lucky so far, in as such I still have working brain cells! :). It takes a lot of effort, and at times I will forget what I have been doing...:(. Good thing we have to have all ingredients together, this way I don't leave anything out, because it is all right in front of me. It definitely takes "true grit" on some days.., but...I manage to muddle through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back