How are you today?

Mmmmm…..ya…..I get the brain overload/frustration/anxiety thing too. And of course anxiety is so linked to pain!

Thankfully our brains don’t do this every night!

But onward and upward from here! 💕😊

Thanks cookiebaker 😊. Your so right, meds really are our enemy .
I have been on them over 23 years now 🙀.
My mom proved the point yesterday. Try to shorten they story. Mom 83 next month, who’s pain has been getting rapidly worse last week, went up to her for her breakfast and she could not move, I tried to help her move and she screamed out in pain 😢 she was so weak . Got her to loo and back to bed. (Fast forward) 3.30 pm I went in again and the way she was laying I thought she’d passed 😪. I rang ambulance and they took her to hospital. Because she can still care for herself and suddenly couldn’t.
Well ends up mom had taken her norspan weekly patch off because it “ wasn’t working” she was in withdrawal.
Well mom back home in bed and should start feeling better soon.
Thanks MNP , my flare just came on out of no where, was the longest flare I have had. It wore me down like no other.
Mental overload ? I had that last night , got an hour sleep all night. But I know it was worry . So today I will be nice to myself and rest up. Not going to set off another flare.
Suppose to get very hot again today so a good day to do nothing .

Harpy, I hope your mam will feel better soon (hope you will feel better soon also, so scary for you) 🤗💛🤗

I want to take my hat to the nurse that saw me yesterday (for my pre op tests) she told me she also suffers with fibro, (she takes pregabalin) I don't know how she does it? be on her feet ALL day giving EEG's, blood taking, and BP checks. She said her hand hurts in cold weather, and she does get tired with it, I did ask her if she wanted to join our forum but she said she didn't want to focus on the fibro, (which is fair enough) either way, we'll done! 👩🏼‍⚕️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Last edited:
either way, well done
Well, fibro's severity varies greatly, the criteria don't define pain as having to be strong, just widespread, the accompanying symptoms do need to be severe tho. I can't imagine working how she does, and that she won't crash, seeing how I did, but maybe if I had 50-60% energy instead of 10-20%? All my other symptoms I've usually got down to 10%, so they're not really the problem, but if I did go to work, rather than what I do from home, the Ache would make my pain go up to 50-70%, if I could tolerate meds too that might be reduced....

So .... I think kudos to y'all 👏 for applauding her.... I'm embarrassed to say I can't... 😿

That's cool Jay, she does take less pain meds than me, but, I still admire (and a little bit envy,) anyone thats able to do those things 👍🏻

Well guys, time to vent. My world has been turned upside down, mom is in hospital with sepsis. They can’t find where it started. 😭. And has asked about her to “do not resuscitate” 😥 mom said no . They asked what about a tube to help with breathing. Mom said no nothing.
What will I do, I am totally heartbroken 💔. I keep telling myself she will be ok but she has lost use of her legs and arms😭😭😭😭😭😭
I am getting over these hurdles, there getting higher and higher. 😥

Well guys, time to vent. My world has been turned upside down, mom is in hospital with sepsis. They can’t find where it started. 😭. And has asked about her to “do not resuscitate” 😥 mom said no . They asked what about a tube to help with breathing. Mom said no nothing.
What will I do, I am totally heartbroken 💔. I keep telling myself she will be ok but she has lost use of her legs and arms😭😭😭😭😭😭
I am getting over these hurdles, there getting higher and higher. 😥
Oh Harpy... I am heartbroken for you. 😭

My heart goes out to you too at this most difficult time harpy, awfully stressful for you.

So sorry Harpy!!!!
I pray the docs can cure the sepsis with strong I’ve antibiotics and your mom will recover completely from this🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽💕

If you can….just take one minute/5 min or a half hour at a time and remember to breathe and hold on to your faith or whatever gives you strength!

Know that you have so much support here!💕💕💕💕🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽💕🙏🏽💕

Oh my God, harpy, I'm so sorry. we will say prayers to hope for the best outcome for your mam 🤗❤️‍🩹🤗

Very sorry to hear this, Harpy. It is heartbreaking when something like this happens. Your mother's wishes are of course to be respected, and that is not easy for the person in your position. I hope that this situation improves for you.

One thing I have learned from all of the loss of lives I loved in my life is that the most important thing when it all comes down to it is that the other individual knows you love and accept them just as they are, and that things be clean between you, if that is possible. I know that if things can be clean between you and another when death is threatened or actual, it makes the acceptance easier. This is not always possible, but if it is, it's worth achieving so that if there is a death you won't feel regret for things unsaid or unfinished.

Back