Memes: A Touch of Humor for Us Fibromites

I have to click on them too and catch the words quick, I just love how relatable they are 👍🏻

Well I was clicking on to see the full picture and get rid of the gobbledygook at the bottom quick till it came back but the arrows going across makes it easier now 👌🏻

this is such a cool feature!!! I dare not ask how you did it cuz ill forget lol best to wait until i need to use it lol
I love the joke, some of which may be easily overlooked at first sight. And also the deeper problem when you delve into it.
Sorry, I'm always looking at the serious side of things, but I spose that's me again, looking at all sides, including the fun.

The joke we see first is, how silly and exasperating it seems when docs need our help.
i thought the "i heard your complaints" part indicated we had shared everything we had to share 😬
The second one: The doc is asking for us to describe symptoms. The patient wants to shortcut straight thru to answers.
see above lol
So the patient is saying why do I need to, you're the one that has to do all the work.
i should add more to the meme or just remove it probably but i dont think i can delete this now 😣 maybe sunkacola will delete it for me
And I think it's a problem for docs and researchers alike that as they can usually "find" something even with a vague description,
they are not trained and not used to listen, and we're not used to describing symptoms, which in our case is very difficult.
soooo true. The meme is mostly aimed at the experience of being left with the answer, "i dont know whats wrong with you" or, essentially, your tests say you are fine. Ultimately, since a doc does so little research for a patient, we are left to research more than the docs are and i dooooo think they should invest more into researching a case. With even just a modest investment, more docs would diagnose or suggest fibro i think. Just an impression i have from my experiences.

Which is actually a brilliant attitude for a doc.
indeed, if we had not already shared everything we know and it was not, essentially, forcing us to diagnose ourselves 😂
Now I know, why I decided not to become a doctor...! At least not a paid one.
you did come out better off i think 🤔 we did, doc 😍
But where did my wish not to stay / become a patient again go... ?? Ah, I hardly go to the docs' any more, that'll be it.
oooh does the code [/spoiler] make this a dropdown reply?

I like it, my interpretation of it was the Dr is stumped with the symptoms. as in I don't know what your talking about you work them out (I experienced 1 dr like it) and I know for sure others on the forum have too where drs don't understand the symptoms that was my take on it (there's 2 memes with drs on them 1) are we talking about the newest one,? that's the one I thought we were referring to, oh don't take it down 😞

Funny, now the way you're uploading often doesn't show all the pics, in this case I only see 2, until I click on them 🧐
Ah, I get it now. When I click on one, all pics on that thread page are shown and I can scroll left and right with arrows... 😊
Then to laugh-like the others, I have to scroll down and look for the following posts.

Also I've realized that my big thread is a collection not to laugh for us, but to visualize for others, hence its name.
That's why some of my 10 above were off-topic.
Have to see which ones of those are fitting then.
'T'll be Interesting to see how many are at all. Maybe not many at all, since it's kind of the opposite.
These have the underlying serious touch all the time, but maybe not visible to others?
i consider the responses valuable here, too! We can process all emotions here. I could retitle the post (hopefully). Should I change it by swapping humor for perspective?
But these are maybe ones to show my wife 💕, who gets it "too much".
Jays wife sounds awesome! Id take her side over jays in a dispute 🤣 of course kidding, but shes that kind of cool 👍

Last edited:
I like it, my interpretation of it was the Dr is stumped with the symptoms. as in I don't know what your talking about you work them out (I experienced 1 dr like it) and I know for sure others on the forum have too where drs don't understand the symptoms that was my take on it (there's 2 memes with drs on them 1) are we talking about the newest one,? that's the one I thought we were referring to, oh don't take it down !😞
Yep, I do like it too, and also definitely don't want it taken down!
And I agree with your interpretation, that's what I meant for the doctor part...
And I think it's all of our experiences that doctors are stumped.
The problem for me is questioning this. Like the Have you gooogled it one. Praps the other one you mean.
We're used to believing that doctors know everything. We want to believe it.
But how could they, how should they?
But they're not God, they're human and our bodies, minds & these symptoms are enormously complex.
Get what I meant?

Yep, I do like it too, and also definitely don't want it taken down!
And I agree with your interpretation, that's what I meant for the doctor part...
And I think it's all of our experiences that doctors are stumped.
The problem for me is questioning this. Like the Have you gooogled it one. Praps the other one you mean.
We're used to believing that doctors know everything. We want to believe it.
But how could they, how should they?
But they're not God, they're human and our bodies, minds & these symptoms are enormously complex.
Get what I meant?
Totally do. Complex, for sure, medical unicorns for sure, only human for sure and its not fair to ask them to know everything. But I do want something more from them. A little research perhaps...

i consider the responses valuable here, too! We can process all emotions here. I could retitle the post (hopefully). Should I change it by swapping humor for perspective?

Jays wife sounds awesome! Id take her side over jays in a dispute 🤣
Ah, as long as you allow it - I think humor is OK - perspective sounds too intellectual, might scare people :) But with or without spoilers? Not sure how long you're able to edit the title, I think at the beginning it's only a few hours, like the editing, it gets longer the more you post.

Hehe, yeah, best you take my wife's side, better for us all! :ROFLMAO:
-- Funny: that last line isn't visible in the post (or wasn't, dunno if you've edited it now...).
But when I "replied with quote" it suddenly made sense quoting the bit about her.

A little research perhaps...
You mean as in studies? There've been 800 studies per year in the last years, more than ever before....
But most only study "little", unimportant things.
And that will have to do with lack of imagination and a toe-hold, but also lack of financing.
S o "we" need more money. But I doubt we're first, the state the world the world's in at the moment.
But I do try to "vote for more health expenditures".... 🧐

Ah, as long as you allow it - I think humor is OK - perspective sounds too intellectual, might scare people :) But with or without spoilers? Not sure how long you're able to edit the title, I think at the beginning it's only a few hours, like the editing, it gets longer the more you post.

Hehe, yeah, best you take my wife's side, better for us all! :ROFLMAO:
-- Funny: that last line isn't visible in the post (or wasn't, dunno if you've edited it now...).
But when I "replied with quote" it suddenly made sense quoting the bit about her.
I run a democracy on threads lol. The will of the majority prevails 🥰 If there is a different word that seems a positive alternative, let’s do it.

You mean as in studies? There've been 800 studies per year in the last years, more than ever before....
But most only study "little", unimportant things.
And that will have to do with lack of imagination and a toe-hold, but also lack of financing.
S o "we" need more money. But I doubt we're first, the state the world the world's in at the moment.
But I do try to "vote for more health expenditures".... 🧐
Well, I just mean the doctors investing in a little reading to see if there’s some insight that would help. The researchers are often doctors but they aren’t the ones partnering with us on our personal journeys…

Well, I just mean the doctors investing in a little reading to see if there’s some insight that would help.
Oh yes, true, definitely, it wouldn't need to be much.
I once sent my GP/PCP (we call them "house doctor" here!) something he'd shown interest in... First his mailbox was full, then he emptied it, I sent it again. But he never read it... :rolleyes:
(And my wife will never forgive him for having forgotten to try to help me get a referral to a rheum.(I think it was?) quicker, which cost me a few months.)

Back