ZEN Herbal Liniment, Australia

I'd like to learn more about aboriginal medicines john salmon (might be a new adventure interest for me to go down) 😎 🙏🏻

new adventure interest for me to go down
to go down under? - a rabbit whole? hole? A... uriel's Adventures in Down W-Underland? 😁

I'd like to learn more about aboriginal medicines john salmon (might be a new adventure interest for me to go down) 😎 🙏🏻
Australians are just learning ab out aboriginal foods and medicines and we are starting to grow the plants commercially. Of course the Australian aborigines has been using them for 40,000 years it takes the white man a little time to caught up. My partner is aboriginal and I have Māori ancestors both have a range of medicines such as the tea tree or Mānuka I would assume that the Native American/Canadian Indian would also have a range of medicines.

@johnsalmon @Auriel

it takes the white man a little time to caught up
That's partly correct, but when the science/medical worlds got together, I think it was mostly England, existing 'natural' and traditional remedies became not 'scientific enough' to be valid. This was a world wide thing, but now, with travel opening the world up, Asian remedies became accepted, and the on-flow is that the traditional remedies world-wide are now being taken seriously.

It's not a "white man" thing, it's more the 'academic" thing. For years I have hoped the two will come together, we would all benefit greatly. That is very gradually happening. :)

Edit: I remember mum saying when she was a child, they had various traditional remedies that the local tribes shared with them. They were farming in the more remote parts of Victoria.

I would bet my life @johnsalmon the native American Indian's have a lot of knowledge on herbal remedies (definatly found a new interest to get involved with) 👍🏻

It's not a "white man" thing, it's more the 'academic" thing.
In a sense this is true. But also, one needs to take into account that academia has been dominated entirely by white men from the beginning, and in many places it still is.

In a sense this is true. But also, one needs to take into account that academia has been dominated entirely by white men from the beginning, and in many places it still is.
@sunkacola @johnsalmon @Auriel

This is true, with the emphasis on both "white" and "men". Unfortunately, intelligence and wisdom are not always hand in hand.

Back