How are you today?

So you've inspired me to place it in the middle of my room and weigh myself of the course of the day, to see in what range it changes.
75kg. Can't cheat myself out of it. I haven't weighed that little in decades, 78kg, then fibro and esp. amitriptyline took it up to around 85 and that went back to 80-81.
Praps I should ignore the lipids and start gobbling nuts, at least any time I'm feeling peckish (?)for them.

On the nut subject, I like pistachios (just wish they weren't all shelled) I like cashews too (they don't have much flavour though) you have been busy in the garden lately Jay, that could add to weight loss (Im finding reasons cos random wieght loss is scary) 🍀🍀🍀

you have been busy in the garden lately Jay, that could add to weight loss
That's very true 👐 , the stuff I moved around all day Monday I've still got sore muscles in my legs from.
(Feels wonderful, I've always loved 'real' sore muscles, always been hard to give me some. Even after a fullest gym routine.) The sun and air (and rain) make it easier and nicer to push thru quite a bit with hardly any backlash. So maybe I'm just "fully trained". That'd explain my energy. If I did really have cancer, I couldn't suddenly be able to do pull-ups (1-3), something I haven't been able to do since fibro. Just to prove myself I did 3 in a row in the middle of the night. That can't come from nothing. And I have absolutely no temperature either, this feverish feeling may just be overdoing it a bit, or autoimmune, but it's not 'real', not 'serious'. So I see you're on my side with this 😜 So if anyone asks how come I weigh much less than when I was extremely active, we'll just whistle harder and louder... 😄

Last edited:
Yes, and I remember you mentioning something about thyroid in the past (so I'm bringing that in, too) 👍🏻

75kg. Can't cheat myself out of it. I haven't weighed that little in decades, 78kg, then fibro and esp. amitriptyline took it up to around 85 and that went back to 80-81.
Praps I should ignore the lipids and start gobbling nuts, at least any time I'm feeling peckish (?)for them.
My body sat comfortably on 57kg after the diagnosis of coeliac.
Amitriptyline took it up to 76kg and that extra weight isn’t any good for my spine. I stopped my amitriptyline in February.
But thanks to the reflux and not eating after 3/4pm I am down to 64kg.
I have been having my pine nuts each morning now since last Wednesday. It will be interesting to see if they do help.
My next blood test is in June. I brought 2kg so will continue until they are finished and if I can get some inflammation and cholesterol level changes I will get more.

Yes, and I remember you mentioning something about thyroid in the past (so I'm bringing that in, too) 👍🏻
Yep, dead right again! I'm just connecting all the dots at the moment - quite a collection of new symptoms since January.

I lost my appetite from 2 new supps in January, re-gained it from stopping them. So that was for starters.
And then lost it again since T4 (3%) which I took from Feb 24th to Mar 23rd, and has been coupled with increased energy, so I've been able to move more despite not eating, double whammy for weight. Hasn't stopped "working" and in hypothyroid people it takes 6-7 weeks to get out of the system, that means I might regain appetite and lose my T4-energy mid-May, as well as reducing pulse, blood pressure, staying up late and histamine.

As to an overview of the other new symptoms aside from the weight loss of 5kg inside of 2-3 months:
  • Histaminey burning was also triggered in Jan. (then from the T4 Feb and the non-CoV Mar).
  • I've been having a thirst/dryness headaches on and off since at least mid-Feb, despite drinking 3L = 100oz./d, that's long before the night sweats or anything similar started.
  • my fingertips were extremely painful Jan/Feb, still have to watch out a bit.
  • my lip "fungus" started in January (often parallel to the fingertips), better, but still there despite tea tree oil salve.
  • The T4 has some energy, but 5 side effects to date, after having taken it a month and now having stopped it 10 days ago.
  • The "non-CoV" >3 weeks ago (whilst my wife had CoV) caused 13-14 new or severely increased symptoms from Mar 9th on for mainly 5 days, of which I still have 3 without break (cough (esp. from temperature change), no appetite (improving), and severest bladder pain (and sinus burning) if I forget to keep the GABA high.
  • Severe night sweats since Mar 19th, when I seemed to have re-visited the "non-CoV" with feeling fluey sick again. However no temperature, always around 36,0-36,5°C sublingually.
  • Mar 22nd found swelling under left mamilla which was hurting and itching a few days.
  • Altogether needing +20-30% GABA to get the bladder pain & sinus/tongue burning under control....

Last edited:
73kg net this morning... I was actually hoping eating more would get it up from 74kg net yesterday. Try again... :rolleyes:. Supps and eating in the garden now, bit late, but I'll concentrate on that rather than being creative. Night sweats better now not using hot water bottle for the cough.

Last edited:
Aw you're poorly Jay, but good drs so be better soon 👌🏻😎

73kg net this morning... I was actually hoping eating more would get it up from 74kg net yesterday. Try again... :rolleyes:. Supps and eating in the garden now, bit late, but I'll concentrate on that rather than being creative.
I have been weighing everyday for decades.
I know the body fluctuates 1 to 2 kg daily . So hopefully your weight might pick up by next weekend.

i was always told to NOT weigh every day - once a week is plenty often enough.

anymore, the only time i get on a scale is at the doctors office. I dont even own one

Same cookie same, no scales in my house (cooking ones or fish ones) I don't know what I weigh???? 😄

I know the body fluctuates 1 to 2 kg daily . So hopefully your weight might pick up by next weekend.
Ah, I guessed 1-2kg/d would be normal. And normally I've before and since fibro usually weighed myself about once a month, incl. when amitriptyline put on +6kg, which took 2 years to get off again.

Now, tho, I'm going for all details, trying to get a feel for my exact bandwidth, times of the day, weight of clothes, other influences, like drinking/peeing/taking GABA, eating.
From 80-82 down to 75 in a short time isn't good, but down to 73-74kg is worse.
If at that speed I were down to 72 sometime this week I'd want to know immediately.

Checking any levels, like temperature, blood pressure, pulse, pee amounts etc. always gives me food for thought. Also looking things up, like what is the correct way to measure things.
Docs are no help at all with details or these measurements. In the same way my GP does it, the practice assistant measured my blood pressure on Wednesday directly after after I'd heaved myself up from my seat in the waiting room, trundled down the corridor still struggling my stiffness from sitting and dropped myself in the seat. 150/90 I said. Yep, exactly 150/90 she said. I put it down to "excitement" cos it's easier and less reproachful - which of course isn't the full story: all the experts say you need to measure blood pressure after at least 5 minutes of rest and not talking. There are about 5 further "rules" to heed. My wife says "they're silly", because she doesn't know them. For instance taking blood pressure 3 times and taking the middle value. Personally, I've found taking it about 8x will give me an impression from where to where it goes, how much it fluctuates etc.
Another example: In a cardio ward they made me wait for 4 hours - and it would have been more. It was because my pulse was too fast for a certain exam, but they didn't tell me the whole time, so while I was waiting I was doing stretches and exercises cos I can't sit that long of course which brought my pulse up of course. Once they'd told me what the problem was, I said: Ah, I can influence my pulse, no problem, so they sat me down, and I said give me 5 to 10 minutes, and I did autogenics or NSDR/Yoga Nidra and voilà, pulse low enough for the exam. (I once scared a nurse in a wake-up room after colonoscopy. I could see my pulse levels, and that it was quite a bit under 60, so I reduced it to 50 and the gadget started putting out an alarm. She got a bit angry at me, but I didn't take that seriously, because after all I didn't know...)
When I take my bp/pulse, I do it "properly", which for me is 8x, resting, forearm in heart height and keeping note of the progression, like 170-140/100-90, which considering the T4 and nicotinic acid, and my hyperactive body and mind - is OK, compared to people taking less and being less active.

Problem with body weight is I have no idea yet how it works generally or how it works in my case at the moment, I'm just pretty sure it used to be pretty stable, from 75kg to 78kg for a long time when I was fit, +3kg for clothes, then 85 from amitritptyline (in my case hardly from becoming sedentary thru fibro), then after 2y 80, and now 73(-75). I can't see how it can get higher at the moment, because my appetite has been a bit better about 3 weeks now, with cheating, by eating things I shouldn't be, like lots of dark chocolate, so there's no more slack, just more cheating, like increasing "healthy" marge a lot.

For my histaminey sinus burning today after a 30' talk, adding even more GABA is helping (4g is breaking all records), but altogether it's knocked me head over heels, cried a lot, can hardly move, only slowly think.... My probably last talk ever, but I think my best, from what people said - that's the way to go... Every time I play music publically, I know (and say to some) it might well be the last time. But I still try to find ways to do everything slower, simplifying and learning to lick and bandage the wounds better (e.g. using GABA, like said).

Drinking more, quite a bit above the 3L/100oz. mark, does seem better for my evening headache. There must be / are quite a few downsides to drinking so much, e.g. for appetite/eating/weight, bladder, and I would like to know any cause, incl. if it's due to any supps or their combinations.

I never used to weigh. But after having 3 large babies my weight ballooned. At my heaviest I was 104 kg . Not good for a shorty.
I decided it was time to get it off.
So I decided to weigh everyday. First thing of a morning. Write it down. Get on with diet and exercise. I got down to 74kg and couldn’t loose anymore. Till I joined a slimming club.
I got to my goal weight. Over the years my weight crept back on.
So for me need to weigh every day. So if my weight creeps up I can do something about it right away.

Ah, I guessed 1-2kg/d would be normal. And normally I've before and since fibro usually weighed myself about once a month, incl. when amitriptyline put on +6kg, which took 2 years to get off again.
What is it with the amitriptyline? The weight it puts on is like cement, so hard to budge.
Now, tho, I'm going for all details, trying to get a feel for my exact bandwidth, times of the day, weight of clothes, other influences, like drinking/peeing/taking GABA, eating.
From 80-82 down to 75 in a short time isn't good, but down to 73-74kg is worse.
If at that speed I were down to 72 sometime this week I'd want to know immediately.
Same with me, keeping track of sudden weight gain and loses was easy for me to tell my doc I started losing on this day ect….
Checking any levels, like temperature, blood pressure, pulse, pee amounts etc. always gives me food for thought. Also looking things up, like what is the correct way to measure things.
Docs are no help at all with details or these measurements. In the same way my GP does it, the practice assistant measured my blood pressure on Wednesday directly after after I'd heaved myself up from my seat in the waiting room, trundled down the corridor still struggling my stiffness from sitting and dropped myself in the seat. 150/90 I said. Yep, exactly 150/90 she said. I put it down to "excitement" cos it's easier and less reproachful - which of course isn't the full story: all the experts say you need to measure blood pressure after at least 5 minutes of rest and not talking. There are about 5 further "rules" to heed. My wife says "they're silly", because she doesn't know them. For instance taking blood pressure 3 times and taking the middle value. Personally, I've found taking it about 8x will give me an impression from where to where it goes, how much it fluctuates etc.
Another example: In a cardio ward they made me wait for 4 hours - and it would have been more. It was because my pulse was too fast for a certain exam, but they didn't tell me the whole time, so while I was waiting I was doing stretches and exercises cos I can't sit that long of course which brought my pulse up of course. Once they'd told me what the problem was, I said: Ah, I can influence my pulse, no problem, so they sat me down, and I said give me 5 to 10 minutes, and I did autogenics or NSDR/Yoga Nidra and voilà, pulse low enough for the exam. (I once scared a nurse in a wake-up room after colonoscopy. I could see my pulse levels, and that it was quite a bit under 60, so I reduced it to 50 and the gadget started putting out an alarm. She got a bit angry at me, but I didn't take that seriously, because after all I didn't know...)
When I take my bp/pulse, I do it "properly", which for me is 8x, resting, forearm in heart height and keeping note of the progression, like 170-140/100-90, which considering the T4 and nicotinic acid, and my hyperactive body and mind - is OK, compared to people taking less and being less active.
I do take my blood pressure’s occasionally, only out of curiosity because I have to do moms everyday.
I am the only one in my family not on blood pressure medicine.
Problem with body weight is I have no idea yet how it works generally or how it works in my case at the moment, I'm just pretty sure it used to be pretty stable, from 75kg to 78kg for a long time when I was fit, +3kg for clothes, then 85 from amitritptyline (in my case hardly from becoming sedentary thru fibro), then after 2y 80, and now 73(-75). I can't see how it can get higher at the moment, because my appetite has been a bit better about 3 weeks now, with cheating, by eating things I shouldn't be, like lots of dark chocolate, so there's no more slack, just more cheating, like increasing "healthy" marge a lot.

For my histaminey sinus burning today after a 30' talk, adding even more GABA is helping (4g is breaking all records), but altogether it's knocked me head over heels, cried a lot, can hardly move, only slowly think.... My probably last talk ever, but I think my best, from what people said - that's the way to go... Every time I play music publically, I know (and say to some) it might well be the last time. But I still try to find ways to do everything slower, simplifying and learning to lick and bandage the wounds better (e.g. using GABA, like said).

Drinking more, quite a bit above the 3L/100oz. mark, does seem better for my evening headache. There must be / are quite a few downsides to drinking so much, e.g. for appetite/eating/weight, bladder, and I would like to know any cause, incl. if it's due to any supps or their combinations.
I only drink 1litre of water a day. + a coffee or two and Pepsi max.
My urologist said for my weight I need up to 1.5lt of water. she said if I am not sweating or working out drinking too much water for too long can deplete your vitamins and minerals.
It’s good your so in tune with your body.

Back