Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
NC
Hi!

I am not officially diagnosed yet but most likely will be next week. The Rheumatologist wanted to run one more round of blood work to rule out auto immune disorder but he talked a lot about Fibro and sent me home with a list of legit websites to get more info so pretty sure he is confident in that.

I have had symptoms on and off for years. Been tested a zillion times for RA, Lupus, Lyme........ all my tests come back normal yet I continue to feel like crap.

This flare started in March with my left elbow. I thought it was tendinitis but in Mid May all hell broke loose. Finally went to the Dr. ( again) in June. Blood. Work normal. Again. Referred me to the Rheumatologist. ( the last one I went to about 6 yrs ago said I didn't have enough trigger points and gave me a pamphlet on Osteoarthritis) . This new Rheumatologist spent an hour with hubby and me. Asked tons of questions, actually listened to what we were saying and did a thorough exam. At least I don't feel crazy anymore.

My biggest issue right now is sleep. I'm not getting much due to pain. No OTC seem to help. Any suggestions until I can get my official diagnosis and start treatment?

My current pain is elbows, hips, knees, shoulders. At night sometimes my hands and feet join the fun. It hurts to pull my covers up. It hurts to roll over. It hurts to just lay there.

Welcome. I hope you get the answers you need. Your doctor will probably need to write you a prescription...OTCs don't work very well against fibro. I hope you get feeling better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back