Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
Hi all. I have a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia/CPS and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome which is a joint and connective tissue disorder which causes great pain in the joints.

I have a 6 year old son and am a newly-wed. My husband is a disabled veteran who also lives in chronic pain, so I have a support system. However, I want to go from the medications I take daily and substitute with vitamins, minerals, diet, and holistic therapy.

I currently take multi-vitamins, B, A, D12, C, Calcium, Turmeric, Potassium, Magnesium and Fish Oil. My husband uses medical marijuana, but the last time I partook, I ended up having a bad reaction and had a massive panic attack and we got in a huge fight.

I am trying to stop taking Aleve 375mg 2X, Cymbalta 60mg 1X, Gabapentin 600mg 3-4X and Baclofen 20mg 3-4X. Also Verapamil for migraine treatment. I sleep an ungodly amount and mostly during the day because I have anxiety at night, partially due to my C-PAP machine.

I would like to get well enough to have another baby, as my husband and I are both 35, so I fear time is running out.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Nee-C

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Us
State
FL
Hi there! First, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through and hope that I'm able to help in some way. I was recommended the following things from a lady who had Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. She was on meds as well for years but decided to go the natural route. She recommended the following:
-B Complex
-Turmeric 1,000mg 1 daily
-Triple Magnesium Complex 500mg 1 daily
-omega 3 1,360mg 2 daily
-Boswellia Serrata 1,200mg 2-3 a day
-ginger root 550mg 1-2 twice daily (reduces inflammation)
-white willow bark 400mg 1-2 twice daily (pain reliever)
-Vitamin D3 5,000 IU daily
-Glucosamine Chondroitin triple strength 2 daily (for joints)
Allow at least 30 days before you will notice a change.

Please keep in mind what her conditions are. I would recommend going off your meds slowly and starting the new supplements slowly so that you can observe and monitor which ones work for you. Do your research on everything I mentioned and mention it to your doctor.
Some things that help me aside from some supplements and vitamins are meditation, prayer & light exercise. I stay away from caffeine, alcohol, sugary foods & junk food in general. My friend also suggested the Paleo diet but I haven't gotten that far yet. It helps regulate your blood sugar level. Some people report more mental alertness & overall well-being. Nomnompaleo (do a web search) is a good website that has recipes.

Good luck and hope you're able to find what's best for you! Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaminhealth

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/1999
Country
US
State
CA
Hi, I have taken only supps for Fibro since diagnosed in 1999, I also deal with lifelong OA and a mess from hip replacement in 2010.

So for me 2 ibuprofen two times per day is going to be the rest of my life I'm afraid....that is in a 24 hr period.

For in between pain I take 2 Pain RX herbal supps, two times per day, so that too in a 24 hr period. This herbal has white willow bark in it.

I would not live without DGL for stomach lining protection.

I've been taking higher doses of MSM powder in 8 oz clean water, 3 times per day usually. That is 1 tsp about 3 times per day or about 15 grams. A person on an RA group told us about higher dosing of MSM and it does CALM pain. I would NEVER stop the MSM and have been doing this higher dosing for good grief maybe 8 yrs give or take.

Hope you are coming along and can get off the meds which I'm sure are hard to get off but it can be done, right?

I take or have taken all the supps listed above and when I feel a little more energetic, I may post what I take daily.

And it's true getting into a meditation HABIT can be so beneficial. The whole family can do it together, Your son could love the practice and it's never to early to teach this great tool. J

Status
Not open for further replies.